View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I went with the StopTechs after I realized something...BMW M and Audi S owners replace their factory Brembos with StopTech brakes so the performance must be a little better. My latest European Car Magazine features an S6 and new 335i running StopTechs all the way around. Plus I've read too many articles about Mustang factory Brembos fading after a couple laps, so stainless steel brake lines and good fluid was a must for me as well. Have you noticed any fade? Tim showed me your Stang back in the operating room at TrueStreet. Good luck with the repairs.
The Brembos are definetely overrated and are not much better than the stock brakes in regards to performance. The Brembos do fade after a couple of laps if you track them and the Stoptech's are superior in this regard. However, most people will never use the Brembos beyond their capabilities driving their cars on the street 99% of the time. If you plan on tracking the car a lot, then Stoptech's would be worth the extra money. If the cars purpose is mainly street duty then the Brembos will serve their purpose in peformance and asthetics filling up the wheel better than the stock brakes.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote