View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #53
Crimson600+HP

So, made two sessions of TWS before the car called it quits. The first time, the stability control kept getting in the way as I thought I turned it off but it was partially on. Wasn't able to test the cooling capabilities as I was only able to go about 60% as high speed cornering is not fun with nannies on.

The second run I was able to go all out, improving my fastest lap time at TWS to a 2:07. Downside, still overheating and went into limp mode at the 20 minute point. Came back into the pits and car was running real rich. Reflashed the computer and then through another general misfire code, along with cylinders 6 & 8. Last time this happened it was the crankshaft position sensor needing to be reset. Vehicle runs like shit during that time so I wasn't risking it.

So, besides lighting a pile of money on fire, I think this idea of a supercharged road race car is a failure. I believe it is possible with the right funding, but I don't have that money. So instead of throwing more at it, I am going to remove the ProCharger. It's a great kit, great power, and performed well on the street and strip. Heck, with the larger radiator my internal temps were amazing. However, keeping an engine above 5000 rpm with a blower on it for 20+ minutes is actually slowing me down from progressing.

Future plans now. Staying naturally aspirated, going with a Cobra Jet manifold, switching from 3.31's to a 3.73 rear end, going to run E85, and probably going to an OR X pipe. That way I can still have a leg up on stock-ish 5.0s, but still be able to keep internal temps on over time. So if y'all are interested in a P1SC Stage 2 tuner kit with about 4000 miles on the track and street (I have an extra SCT tuner that isn't married), let me know. It's still on the car, but I maybe willing to let it go to a member for a better price.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote