View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #56
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Being a part of this forum has yielded me some good deals, in my opinion, as far as parts and service for my car. Such as LMR, Hypermotive, and AM discounts, group buy's, getting good deals on installs from techs that do side jobs, etc. However, my first and only experience with TS was less than satisfactory. For an establishment that apparently pushed more than 50 MGW shifter installs at the time, they delivered me a car that would not shift into 1st or 2nd gear after driving 1.5 hours and spending well over $500 on the shifter and install. They essentially said sorry and to bring it back another time after they spoke with the manufacturer. After a little google searching I found out that the solution was simply adjusting a set screw for the reverse lockout, something I would figure a shop experienced with the product would know. I ended up tearing out a portion of the console myself and correcting the issue. Took maybe 30 minutes. They made no attempt to compensate me for the frustration.
I remember that I was up there. But yet they're a professional performance shop. Smh
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote