View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #11
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I'm not talking about going to race wars dude.

I'm talking about a random event that a passenger cannot possibly control. If my friend and I decide to just go somewhere, he drives and randomly decides to race someone out the blue, how am I responsible for that? What, in your cop's mind thinks "Yeah this guy in the passenger seat needs to go to get a ticket because he didn't jump out of the car while the driver was racing." How does that make sense to you?

Also, sorry but, no one else is talking about prostitutes or drugs. I don't do either so, can't help you there.

-Alex
That's where the Officers discretion comes in. Most are not going to take the passenger to jail in a situation like that. The law is written that way to prevent the large gatherings and things like TX2K. I promise you anyone that was "just driving around" with a friend in a car like that in Houston during TX2k know exactly what they are going out to do. Like I said cops do not make the law and more often than not do not enforce laws by the letter because we are smarter than that. And my reference to drugs and prostitutes was in regards to your "Everyone except cops." Yes in order to catch criminals we sometimes have to do the things criminals are doing, I.E. under cover buys for drugs, under cover johns for prostitution and undercover cars for street racing.

oh and racing isn't a ticket. Both the driver and passenger go to jail

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote