Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #31
03MachMe

Sti are fun cars, no mustang but I would daily one. Hope you enjoy it

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #32
46Tbird

I didn't drive it in the ice, exactly. It sat from Thursday evening until Tuesday morning, at which point I was so stir crazy I just had to get out of the house.

This are the 'before' pics, taken right before I did a 30-minute session at the self serve car wash. I had to take these because this is the dirtiest the car has ever been. It will probably take a few months to really get it clean again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG732.jpg (58.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG731.jpg (58.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG730.jpg (62.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG729.jpg (70.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #33
Sieran

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Sti are fun cars, no mustang but I would daily one. Hope you enjoy it
It definitely is not a mustang. I keep mashing the skinny pedal expecting it to go, only to realize I am not anywhere near boost and only at 2K RPM. Mustang would go, this wont.

However... once I do hit boost... dear god

I missed that turbo whine so much and it does make a great DD.
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #34
maxpayne

You trade it in with all your mods intact?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Sieran

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
You trade it in with all your mods intact?
Just the muffler and shifter. I wasn't about to crawl underneath it again to try and take it back out and try to find all my stock parts/screws. It actually helped trade the car believe it or not...
Old 12-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #36
maxpayne

Oh okay cool. I love Subarus as well. Had a 2011 Wrx and it was a lot of fun. How much can you get off sticker these days for a new STI? And good choice getting a 2014. The new 2015s look like shit.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #37
Sieran

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
Oh okay cool. I love Subarus as well. Had a 2011 Wrx and it was a lot of fun. How much can you get off sticker these days for a new STI? And good choice getting a 2014. The new 2015s look like shit.
I'm not sure how much on average... Only reason I got a smoking deal on this was because I happen to know a friend at the dealer. Took a huge loss on the stang, since I got it with nothing down and only had it for 10 months.

Payments are 40 more a month for 75 months, but insurance goes down like 10 or 15 as of January and gas will be cheaper so that just about offsets the difference. It is of no consequence anyways, because when my F150 gets paid off in a bit those payments will double down on this one.

As for the looks, I love it. Not sure on the sticker on the side yet, but I cant remove it without removing their 3m clear bra since it was put under it. Plus for the '15s, no more STi hatch. Lots are pissed about that.