Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I have to say, I'm liking the way the convertible is looking. Some serious potential there.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
re-rx7
Banned

I like it but I like my 11 more. The real story will be how big does it look in person.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
Slow Five-O

I'm in love with this car. It will be mine. Oh yes.

The top end of the Coyote is all new starting with a brand new cylinder head casting that features revised ports for straighter paths to the valves, and less flow restriction. The heads also feature larger intake, and exhaust valves, and revised intake and exhaust camshafts will also contribute to the Coyote making more power, and breathing better all the way to redline. Stiffer valve springs will help the Coyote howl at higher RPMs as well.

The variable cam system has been updated as well. New mid-lock phasers enable better control of the camshaft timing through a greater range of engine RPM. This should improve fuel economy, emissions, and hopefully power as well.

A new, intake manifold is also in use for better low end response and improved emissions compliance. The intake includes charge motion control valves that close off at lower RPMs and improve intake turbulence.

2015 Coyote Key Features:

Larger intake valves
Larger exhaust valves
Revised intake camshafts
Revised exhaust camshafts
Stiffer valve springs – ensures that the valves close completely at high rpm
New cylinder-head casting – revised ports that provide a straighter path to the valves for less-restrictive intake and exhaust flow; combustion chamber modifications accommodate larger valves
Sinter forged connecting rods – lighter and more durable for high-rpm operation
Redesigned piston tops – deeper cutouts clear the new larger valves
Rebalanced forged crankshaft – supports higher-rpm operation

Transmissions

Ford is promising the best driving experience yet in manual transmission equipped Mustangs. The Getrag MT-82 six-speed manual is being carried over from the 2011-2014 models. Ford has revised the shift linkage for shorter throws and a crisper feel. They’ve also moved the shifter closer to the drive for easier access, locating it away from the cupholders.

In the automatic department a six-speed auto is once again available. The auto has been significantly revised. A new case with reinforcing ribs for added strength and reduced weight is part of the package. The clutches have been revised, and the transmission operates at higher temperatures for improved friction characteristics. The output shaft has a new ball bearing support, allowing for 155 mph top speed according to Ford.

What enthusiasts who choose the automatic will really like though is the steering wheel mounted paddle shfiters that will be standard on all automatic equipped Mustangs. We talked about this a while back in a spy photo story that we ran. In addition to being a bonus for auto owners, those looking to tackle twisty back roads, or even the autocross with the auto equipped Mustang will benefit from the rev-matching downshift feature
Old 12-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
DirtyD

The MT-82 is still going to be an MT-82 with remote mount. Very curious to see if it does in fact feel better that ours does.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #20
Crimson600+HP

I want to see one on a road course. The performance pack with the 2.3L Ecoboost comes with 6 pistons calipers...those are some serious brakes that were exclusive to only the GT500. I think styling is a little bland, but after the aftermarket catches up these things will look great.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #21
saunupe1911

none of the pics show brembo's on the rear, just bigger rotors. Rear big brakes DOES make a difference on vehicles, especially heavy vehicles. Just ask GM. Even BMW caught wind and they once said they would never switch to a fixed caliper.

Now a 2.3L Ecoboost getting revealed a few days after the WRX must has Subaru pissed....add Nissan and Mitsu to that list too. It's specs say a motortrend best driver's car top 5 finish.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
I want to see one on a road course. The performance pack with the 2.3L Ecoboost comes with 6 pistons calipers...those are some serious brakes that were exclusive to only the GT500. I think styling is a little bland, but after the aftermarket catches up these things will look great.
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
none of the pics show brembo's on the rear, just bigger rotors. Rear big brakes DOES make a difference on vehicles, especially heavy vehicles. Just ask GM. Even BMW caught wind and they once said they would never switch to a fixed caliper.

Now a 2.3L Ecoboost getting revealed a few days after the WRX must has Subaru pissed....add Nissan and Mitsu to that list too. It's specs say a motortrend best driver's car top 5 finish.
All GTs come standard with 14" 4 piston Brembos. The Performance Pkg GT comes with 15" 6 piston Brembos now. The rear brakes are supposed to be around 13" on the PP as well.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #23
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
All GTs come standard with 14" 4 piston Brembos. The Performance Pkg GT comes with 15" 6 piston Brembos now. The rear brakes are supposed to be around 13" on the PP as well.
Yep but the pics on Ford have the rear with non brembo caliper, but you can tell they are about 13 inch rotors
Old 12-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
GTOphil

Not a fan. The "fastback" rear is ok but the front looks worse than the Fusion and they copied too much Corvette/GT-R for the quarter window.

Maybe it'll grow on ya- but so far I think it's ugly.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #25
saunupe1911

I think the grill is simply too large. They should have made it smaller and lower similar to a DB9 or Vanquish. I'm curious to see what the aftermarket comes up with.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #26
03MachMe

I love it. I'll wait to till 16 or 17 year model and see if a new mach 1 comes out before I think about trading up, if I don't get a boss 302 before that.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #27
DirtyD

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Yep but the pics on Ford have the rear with non brembo caliper, but you can tell they are about 13 inch rotors
I don't think they are Brembos, but at least they are larger rear brakes period.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I love it. I'll wait to till 16 or 17 year model and see if a new mach 1 comes out before I think about trading up, if I don't get a boss 302 before that.
This is what I'm thinking for myself (minus the Boss part). Just depends on how much I've dumped into my car and what it is by then.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #28
pohnjarker

looks badass to me...only way i'd probably ever have one is after my divorce. i want a truck first before i think about trading in for a new one.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #29
DirtyD

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
looks badass to me...only way i'd probably ever have one is after my divorce. i want a truck first before i think about trading in for a new one.
You're getting a divorce? Damn man. Sorry to hear that
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #30
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! The new mustang have been revealed. I thought all the hundreds of pictures on facebook and other mustang sites where just fucking with me.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote