Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
maxpayne

Washing and waxing Vivian (My 14 GT) up and down for the first time since I bought her. I am kind of nervous, as in "first time laying the pipe down" nervous......
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Just waking up here. Relaxing till work at 9. Last night was SLOW...
It's better than the alternative. A busy night for you isn't always a good one. I'm glad you got home safe.

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
Washing and waxing Vivian (My 14 GT) up and down for the first time since I bought her. I am kind of nervous, as in "first time laying the pipe down" nervous......
Haha. Well, if it makes you feel better, no factory paint job is perfect to start with. Just be sure to use a clean, soft sponge, Dawn dishwashing soap, a quality clay bar and work it real good. Pay attention for any debris in the clay careful not to rub any on the surface. Spray detail spray liberally as you do so. That will get her clean down to the surface. Also, be sure to do it early morning or late evening in a shaded area (not under a tree either lol) not letting the water dry water spotting the car. One panel at a time.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #18
maxpayne

Thanks for the info! I just finished but ran out of microfiber towels; so, instead of doing a full wax, I just washed, applied a wax-as-you-dry, and then a black detail spray. I am so paranoid about the micro scratches on the black paint. I used like 30 micro fiber towels to wash and dry, but I feel they are inevitable. I may pick your brain and Nic's about detailing. I have never used a clay bar or polish before. Thanks again!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
Dominic Toretto

My S2000 buddy at work forwarded me some youtube video of a White girl twerking... so I've been watching twerk videos for the past 48 hours.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #20
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
My S2000 buddy at work forwarded me some youtube video of a White girl twerking... so I've been watching twerk videos for the past 48 hours.

-Alex
Nice. Lol.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Nice. Lol.
I'm in love for real. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQEcuKLsLa8

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Fuuuuuck. My back is sore from running tonight. I keep getting told by expierenced runners that this will get easier as my weight comes off and I learn how to run. I dont see how anyone enjoys this shit! Iike the peace and quiet but the pain sucks!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #23
Junkie

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Fuuuuuck. My back is sore from running tonight. I keep getting told by expierenced runners that this will get easier as my weight comes off and I learn how to run. I dont see how anyone enjoys this shit! Iike the peace and quiet but the pain sucks!
Man, I loved running. But I fucking hate it now, can still do it, just don't love it.

Have you considered a row machine or swimming? Hiking?

I lost 100lbs doing shit like that
Old 09-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #24
OG Fox
Supporting Member

-Alex
thats nasty.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
my95z28

-Alex
Best part about that is it looks like they were on a parking garage.....which all have cameras. Some security guard got a nice surprise
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #26
Bearded Banger

Coffee and Work time! It's Friday! Gonna hit up Coit tonight I think. Hit the sack early and get some cars and coffee action in tomorrow.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #27
virtu

Have you tried the walk,run,walk,run routine? Might spare you some pain. I used to run but have since changed my routine to power walking and cycling for the last two years. I think it's far easier on my body than running. I don't feel like I am stressing it as out as much. I was probably burning more calories when I was running but I also felt more sore and exhausted. I walk on average 2.5 miles a day and ride anywhere from 6 to 12 miles a day depending on how I feel.
virtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #28
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Best part about that is it looks like they were on a parking garage.....which all have cameras. Some security guard got a nice surprise
Well, they put their videos on the internet and have their own website so, pretty sure they are not shy lol.

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
Coffee and Work time! It's Friday! Gonna hit up Coit tonight I think. Hit the sack early and get some cars and coffee action in tomorrow.
I'll be getting some overtime tomorrow.

-Alex

Old 09-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #29
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Man, I loved running. But I fucking hate it now, can still do it, just don't love it.

Have you considered a row machine or swimming? Hiking?

I lost 100lbs doing shit like that
I don't have regular access to a pool, if I did I would definitely do that more being great cardio and much easier on the joints. I do like the rowing machine, I've been switching that up with the torture machine known as the Jacob's Ladder machine. lol. The most comfortable to the cycling machine, but I'm not doing this to be comfortable either.

Any suggestions where to do some hiking?

Originally Posted by virtu View Post
Have you tried the walk,run,walk,run routine? Might spare you some pain. I used to run but have since changed my routine to power walking and cycling for the last two years. I think it's far easier on my body than running. I don't feel like I am stressing it as out as much. I was probably burning more calories when I was running but I also felt more sore and exhausted. I walk on average 2.5 miles a day and ride anywhere from 6 to 12 miles a day depending on how I feel.
Yeah, that routine did help. I'm still learning how to relax my shins while running. My daughter got a bike for her birthday so I take her with me. It's a challenging way to do my running keeping up with her on her bike. I planning on getting a bike for myself here soon too. I always loved riding bikes and think I could really get into that.

I've also realized the importance of SLEEP. I've always been a night owl and was surviving on 4 or 5 hours a night for the last 15 years or so. Now I'm getting 8-9 hours and realize what I've been missing. I have much more energy and motivation to get to the gym cuz I'm not dragging my ass all day.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
Dominic Toretto

I've always been a night owl and was surviving on 4 or 5 hours a night for the last 15 years or so. Now I'm getting 8-9 hours and realize what I've been missing. I have much more energy and motivation to get to the gym cuz I'm not dragging my ass all day.
Haha, that reminds me of the college dorm days. Nowadays I get mad and feel awful if I don't get at least 7 hours in. A friend of mine at work goes off like 5 hours and drinks a Redbull at least twice a day. Trying to get him off that shit but, he is officially addicted.

-Alex