Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
fordplay

Default stock sub box

So I have a chance to purchase a stock sub box and amp for my 2011 for cheap.. I have a Shaker 500. Does any one know if this just plugs and plays? Or can someone look at their set up and I'll search mine for the connections?
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
svostang

It's actually very easy to wire into the head unit, just three wires from the amp to head unit and fused power line to the battery. I bought one off eBay and installed into my 2012 just like factory, it was a little trickier moving it to my 2014 as ford changed to a DSP amp for the door speakers. If you decide to pick it up let me know and I'll get you the details. Make sure you are also getting the bracket that mounts it into the trunk.
Manual | 401A interior w/ Grabber Blue Stripe | Comfort Package | Glass Roof | Track Pack | GT Accessory pack 5 and Reverse Sensing System & Security Package | Added GT500 Quad Exhaust and Rear Valance | Roush Hood Scoop | Street Scene Chin Spoiler and Black Heat Extractors
svostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
So I have a chance to purchase a stock sub box and amp for my 2011 for cheap.. I have a Shaker 500. Does any one know if this just plugs and plays? Or can someone look at their set up and I'll search mine for the connections?
Originally Posted by svostang View Post
It's actually very easy to wire into the head unit, just three wires from the amp to head unit and fused power line to the battery. I bought one off eBay and installed into my 2012 just like factory, it was a little trickier moving it to my 2014 as ford changed to a DSP amp for the door speakers. If you decide to pick it up let me know and I'll get you the details. Make sure you are also getting the bracket that mounts it into the trunk.
The shaker 1000 setup?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
svostang

Yes, I bought a shaker 1000 sub and amp off eBay for 250.00 with shipping. Very easy to wire in to the head unit for a factory setup. Just need to buy the pigtail adapter to plug into the amp and then run the mute/enable, pre amp + and - to the head unit and tap off the same three connections on the eight pin plug on the back of the head unit that go to the door sub amp. It's the same circuit inside the head unit that feeds the door and trunk sub amp, it will always power on with the radio. If you want the menu option to mute the trunk sub, the dealer would need to program the ACM with the shaker 1000 option. You ground the amp in the trunk and just run a fused power feed directly to the battery and your done. Took me about an hour to mount the trunk sub and wiring.
Manual | 401A interior w/ Grabber Blue Stripe | Comfort Package | Glass Roof | Track Pack | GT Accessory pack 5 and Reverse Sensing System & Security Package | Added GT500 Quad Exhaust and Rear Valance | Roush Hood Scoop | Street Scene Chin Spoiler and Black Heat Extractors
svostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
fordplay

So you are saying kind of plug and then play. I need to buy a pigtail and you a case of beer to install it!!!!
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote