Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
svostang

Default Anyone have the 2013 stereo wiring diagrams?

I am trying to install the shaker 1000 from my 2012 GT into my 2014 and ford has changed the wiring with the shaker pro. The 8 pin connector on the back of the head unit for the sub amps now only has one wire for the mute of the door sub amp. I had tapped the shaker 1000 I bought on ebay into the + and - feed to the front door subs on this connector which are now not there and now I don't know how ford is feeding the pre-amp signal to the door sub amp.

Thanks for any help, Tom
Manual | 401A interior w/ Grabber Blue Stripe | Comfort Package | Glass Roof | Track Pack | GT Accessory pack 5 and Reverse Sensing System & Security Package | Added GT500 Quad Exhaust and Rear Valance | Roush Hood Scoop | Street Scene Chin Spoiler and Black Heat Extractors
svostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Here is the 11/12 - http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&viewfile=130

I cant imagine they are different for 13, but I will keep looking.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
svostang

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Here is the 11/12 - http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&viewfile=130

I cant imagine they are different for 13, but I will keep looking.
Thanks, that's the diagram I used to cable up in my 2012. It looks like they changed it for the shaker pro's in 2013/14. In that diagram the C290D/B connector pins 1 & 2 are the + and - and 4 is the mute circuit for the door sub amp. 5, 6 and 8 are the +, - and mute for the shaker amp. When I removed the head unit on my 14 that connector now only has a wire in pin 1 which is a 5volt feed I assume is for the mute on the door subs.

I searched every forum and googled my brains out trying to find it and all the online places like alldata only go upto 2012.
Manual | 401A interior w/ Grabber Blue Stripe | Comfort Package | Glass Roof | Track Pack | GT Accessory pack 5 and Reverse Sensing System & Security Package | Added GT500 Quad Exhaust and Rear Valance | Roush Hood Scoop | Street Scene Chin Spoiler and Black Heat Extractors
svostang is offline   Reply With Quote