Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #106
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by 11bangbang View Post
I'm due to have a drink with you guys again, but I'm going to kill shit this weekend...
Another handstand contest eh?

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #107
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
How often do you go out there? And it's every saturday?
I used to go out there every weekend and I just started going back out there again since I got this car. It's been every Saturday for at least 25 years, maybe even longer. Always been a fun cruise night.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #108
11bangbang

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Another handstand contest eh?
Haha! I've been practicing

1996 Cobra with full terminator swap * totaled RIP*
11bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #109
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'm wanting to try and make it through the rest of the year with the fmu if possible. Since I get to have another surgery on December 18th, only 3 this year not bad. Then I will start getting everything together to get rid of the fmu and get a chip burned. Not wanting to push to much power don't want to have to build a dart block 331 stroker yet, but if she does blow that's what I'm doing. The block only has 42k miles on it so I want to make it safe and cruise.
bad ass Donnie, Steve said you bought your dad's ole vert. I had planned to, but now that Im getting it running, my dad wants to keep it a while. lol Will be cool to see it at the gtg's though. I dunno your combo, but Im pretty good at guessing #s... if its a fmu S trim car on a stock block, depending on heads and boost, Id guess 430ish rw for a normal safe setup...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #110
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
bad ass Donnie, Steve said you bought your dad's ole vert. I had planned to, but now that Im getting it running, my dad wants to keep it a while. lol Will be cool to see it at the gtg's though. I dunno your combo, but Im pretty good at guessing #s... if its a fmu S trim car on a stock block, depending on heads and boost, Id guess 430ish rw for a normal safe setup...
Stock bottom end 302 with edelbrock performer heads, rpm intake, if I remember correct 1.6 rockers but could be 1.7 will have to look into that, 70 mil throttle body, i beloeve an e cam but will have to find the paper work ( may f cam but again i will find out) and a Paxton novi 2000 on 10lbs. Last time it was on the dyno was 8 or 9 years ago. Put down around 475 to 500 back then. Just wanting to fix a few things and put it on the dyno to see where it's at safety wise and power. Then after the first of the year I will change the injectors, exhaust, and do a chip. Just wanting to enjoy it for a few weeks till I get put on crutches again.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #111
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I used to go out there every weekend and I just started going back out there again since I got this car. It's been every Saturday for at least 25 years, maybe even longer. Always been a fun cruise night.
What time does it start.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #112
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Stock bottom end 302 with edelbrock performer heads, rpm intake, if I remember correct 1.6 rockers but could be 1.7 will have to look into that, 70 mil throttle body, i beloeve an e cam but will have to find the paper work ( may f cam but again i will find out) and a Paxton novi 2000 on 10lbs. Last time it was on the dyno was 8 or 9 years ago. Put down around 475 to 500 back then. Just wanting to fix a few things and put it on the dyno to see where it's at safety wise and power. Then after the first of the year I will change the injectors, exhaust, and do a chip. Just wanting to enjoy it for a few weeks till I get put on crutches again.
My dad's car had almost an identical setup with a s trim, 42s and a chip, it made 476 @6000 and 10psi on 93. On race gas at same boost it made approximately 530-540. Don't spin it over 6000. Lol
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #113
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
What time does it start.
7'ish to close.

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
My dad's car had almost an identical setup with a s trim, 42s and a chip, it made 476 @6000 and 10psi on 93. On race gas at same boost it made approximately 530-540. Don't spin it over 6000. Lol
6k? Are you high? Even under optimal circumstances you shouldn't shift a fox stock block above 5500. The harmonics from overspinning the motor is what kills the block when it splits right down the valley.

Add to that a blower pulling on the front crank pulley and a FMU for fuel management, spinning it that high is just asking for a blown motor. Using a FMU is like putting a Band-Aid on AIDS. Pointless. It's just there to barely make the car run and certainly not something that should be used as a source of reliability.

My 93 Cobra made over 500rw on the stock block for over 5 years. With a solid tune, a chip and 42lb injectors, it idled good considering the size of the large cam. The reason it will still running like a champ when I sold it was because I didn't beat the snot out of it and I didn't rev it above 5500rpm. I rarely drove it hard at all knowing the motor was on borrowed time.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #114
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
7'ish to close.

6k? Are you high? Even under optimal circumstances you shouldn't shift a fox stock block above 5500. The harmonics from overspinning the motor is what kills the block when it splits right down the valley.

Add to that a blower pulling on the front crank pulley and a FMU for fuel management, spinning it that high is just asking for a blown motor. Using a FMU is like putting a Band-Aid on AIDS. Pointless. It's just there to barely make the car run and certainly not something that should be used as a source of reliability.

My 93 Cobra made over 500rw on the stock block for over 5 years. With a solid tune, a chip and 42lb injectors, it idled good considering the size of the large cam. The reason it will still running like a champ when I sold it was because I didn't beat the snot out of it and I didn't rev it above 5500rpm. I rarely drove it hard at all knowing the motor was on borrowed time.
Well until I get the a/f checked I'm not going past 4500. After the first the car will get bigger injectors and a tune. Till then I just want to make sure she doesn't go boom.

Strokd that sounds about right. Don't really want to push to much past that since the blocks don't like it. Just got the car don't want to blow it up yet.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #115
STROKD
Old School

Had a good Ford mechanic friend in Cali with a blown 88 Saleen, and he was the one who told me to not to rev it over 6k.

Just going off his recommendation. His car ran mid 11s @127 in the mid 90s on 17" Bridgestones and 3600lbs.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #116
Bearded Banger

Steve are you planning on going out Saturday night to Kellers. Just wondering if you are planning on trying to catch the UFC fights somewhere around there? Return on GSP!
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #117
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
Steve are you planning on going out Saturday night to Kellers. Just wondering if you are planning on trying to catch the UFC fights somewhere around there? Return on GSP!
I think im going to Clints to watch it. Condit is going to be a solid test for gsp. Im expecting five rounds of gsp holding condit down on the mat.