Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default Dumped Exhaust???

I like my exhaust aggressive, I'm thinking of my first real exhaust set up being a lethal performance o/r xpipe followed by straight throughs with turn downs underneath. Anyone run or ran something similar? I'm curious as to what it sounds like in person. I found one youtube video of a coyote 5.0 with it and liked it. I couldn't care less about drone, I like hearing my car. I've seen similar dumped setups on several f-bodies before, but never on a mustang in person. Thoughts? Opinions? Do they make factory looking rear bumpers for '13's without cutouts?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
Midnight11
El Presidente

That will be obnoxious loud...

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
03MachMe

Default Re: Dumped Exhaust???

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Agreed, and doubt they make any bumpers without cut out as even the v6 has dual exhaust

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Luke

Don't do it, I've got the lethal o/r x and pypes catback, it's bearable cruising, a little too loud when racing. Having it dumped would be horrible inside the car, not to mention the smell.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
JDMLOL

That was the one thing that I didn't really think about. I sort of like the smell of uncatted exhaust, but I'm not too crazy about breathing it in for prolonged periods of time while sitting at lights. After I posted this I read that people were saying the same sorts of things about the smell and/or carbon monoxide from the guys that do it on LS1Tech.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

If you cruise the tollway you will hate it within a week.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
merlinmol

If this is your daily don't get it too loud, my car is retarded when driving, I wouldn't be able to handle it for every day use. That's also with the rear seat area dynamatted.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
I agree. Some of the exhaust combos some people run are already crazy loud, but doing this is just nuts. Not only will it attract law enforcement due to noise pollution, but the headaches and feeling sick from breathing in those fumes would be just too much. Plus, there is NO WAY you will pass your inspection with that setup. They will hear how loud it is, do a visual inspection and see your cats gone. Then you are screwed.

I'm all for a Stang sounding great, but there is a point it becomes too loud and disturbs everyone else around you. I HATE those Harley riders whose bikes are so loud that you just can't get away from them fast enough (which is kind of the point for them). But you have to take into consideration of the people around you in traffic and your neighbors.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
JDMLOL

Default Re: Dumped Exhaust???

I had a similar setup with longtubes and straight throughs on an old c10 bigblock. It wasn't unbearable and I didnt have any trouble as far as complaints. I bought the truck with just open headers for exhaust. That was ridiculous. I was surprised that straight through summit racing brand mufflers actually quieted it down as much as they did seeing how you could see straight through them. I know this aint a 1970s 454, I was just wondering if anyone had done similar things on their mustangs and what it was like. At this point I've reconsidered because I don't feel like getting a dose of carbon monoxide and unburnt hydrocarbons at every light, something I didn't really think about before.

The Queen:
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
pohnjarker

i had cat deletes and muffler deletes and it was hella loud.
when id race my buddy at the strip, if i got a better launch, he said he couldnt hear his car at all, it was straight ridiculous.
for a daily driver...it got to be too much.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
downtime!

Long tubes, off road X and Pype Bomb's on mine. Cruising is not bad, nice and deep, but anything over 4500 and you might as well call ahead to let every cop in the county know you're coming. Had a guy in Mexico last night want to do the stop light grand prix, blew by him off the line and he changed lanes it was so loud. But I still like it.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
OG Fox
Supporting Member

i ran off road x with mid mufflers at the old resonator location and then straight to the tips. it was loud but had a lot of drone. i recommend getting some bassanis (or a can type muffler) with an off road x. best sound ive heard.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Most would agree that my setup is loud. No cats, mid mounted mufflers and no axle backs...I drive almost 200 miles a day and I finally decided to tone it down a notch. The drone and constant noise got to me. I couldn't even imagine a dumped setup...that's just ridiculous.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
aaron@jpcracing

That's roughly the same thing we ran on our 2011.

It had our JPC headers, cat less midpipe and bassani bullet mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCpL5...zjjMw&index=52

Justin's Performance Center
aaron@jpcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
OG Fox
Supporting Member

this what mine used to sound like. off road x pipe. pype bomb 4 inch mufflers
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...19532254114282
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote