Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #46
Toby

I've had good luck with chevron fuel, there is just not any on my route to and from work.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #47
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Yeah that race the Nic "the dick" posted wasn't exactly a race cause once I shifted into second my car was pretty much dead. It had no power. Even Gary rode in my car after that and he could tell it was running bad. Took it to TS and they put it on the dyno and it was pulling about 9-10 degrees of timing at WOT. Then Clint drove it on the street with Sean datalogging it and it wasn't running right just driving it normal. I think it even went down to 7 degree of timing. Now I refilled at the same QT I always go to off of coit and 121 and the car is driving fine so far. But I am going back to TS so they can make sure it's not pulling any more timing.

Now as far as racing Corey again I will. NA I don't think I will beat him which I shouldn't since he makes 50-60 more rwhp and 200 more rwtq. But hopefully this time every time will be fine and I'll spray it and then walk away from him. We just need to do it when it isn't 110 degrees outside cause my bottle gets hot quick and his SC doesn't like the heat at all.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #48
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Jesus that's a hurting. Needs driver mod.
I've had plenty of people to ride with me will say I can drive just fine. The driver mod is just fine.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #49
White_lightning

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Yeah that race the Nic "the dick" posted wasn't exactly a race cause once I shifted into second my car was pretty much dead. It had no power. Even Gary rode in my car after that and he could tell it was running bad. Took it to TS and they put it on the dyno and it was pulling about 9-10 degrees of timing at WOT. Then Clint drove it on the street with Sean datalogging it and it wasn't running right just driving it normal. I think it even went down to 7 degree of timing. Now I refilled at the same QT I always go to off of coit and 121 and the car is driving fine so far. But I am going back to TS so they can make sure it's not pulling any more timing.

Now as far as racing Corey again I will. NA I don't think I will beat him which I shouldn't since he makes 50-60 more rwhp and 200 more rwtq. But hopefully this time every time will be fine and I'll spray it and then walk away from him. We just need to do it when it isn't 110 degrees outside cause my bottle gets hot quick and his SC doesn't like the heat at all.
why not get something like an OT-2 that you can plug in and log to your phone/ipad instead of going back and forward ? that way you can see if it is or isnt pulling timing.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #50
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
why not get something like an OT-2 that you can plug in and log to your phone/ipad instead of going back and forward ? that way you can see if it is or isnt pulling timing.
I'll probably do that.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #51
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I've had plenty of people to ride with me will say I can drive just fine. The driver mod is just fine.
Jeff can drive no doubt. I can attest his car is damn fast too without spray. The bad gas thing sucks... just bad timing for it all to happen.

I personally always fill up at QT. I've *knocks on wood* never had issues. I heard so long as you are filling up at a place that has constant fuel moving at all the pumps you are okay. It's the places that you don't see many cars (expensive places like shell / chevron) you need to worry more about because their fuel can sit for a while and create more chance of water getting into the fuel.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #52
Junkie

I thought street racing was bad?

Lmao
Old 08-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #53
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

No one street races. They just go fast in Mexico.