Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Ruger

Default Westway Ford

I recently took my car into Westway Ford for my first oil change at 5,000 miles last week. I noticed on the invoice they put a quart of ZAK Oil Conditioner and only 7 quarts of oil. I know a couple of guys at Westway Ford on on the forum here. I have nothing but good things to say about the dealership. I was just curious if they did this on every oil change or just the first oil change. I have heard that oil conditioners don't prolonge engine oil life and can damage the engine. I was just curious as to why they would put it in without telling me and if they would put it in on the next oil change. Is it safe leave in until next oil change or should I change the oil. I didn't want to put anything about it on the customer satisfaction survey. I know the dealerships are graded on these and I have had nothing but positive experiences in the past. I will of course next time tell them to just put in 8 quarts of oil. I was just wanting to hear others opinions.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
thelandshark

Did they charge u extra for it cause when I do the oil changes at times I don't use it in less it says so on the ticket and its useally a 15 dollar charge extra
Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
re-rx7
Banned

I just bring my own oil. Pennzoil Ultimate.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Oxford14Stang

Ruger I'm sorry to hear they didn't quite take care of you. I personally would check your oil level and make sure that the level is okay. The 5.0s take 8qts (boss' 8.5) as far as the conditioner goes I personally don't run them. I don't think your car or others especially so new need any sort of additive. I'd bring the car back with your invoice and request another oil change without the additive. If you would like, request Marcus(the landshark) or Jay(myself) to do the oil change. Again, thanks for not bombing us on the survey as the dealer is graded on it.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Ruger

I get the free oil changes so I was only charged $12 total. I was just curious the benefits of the oil conditioner vs the 8th quart of oil. I see your sterling Grey metallic car in your profile pic. I saw it when I was at the dealership and it is a sweet ride. They did a great job and I was just curious about the Zak Conditioner. I am not complaining and only have great things to say about Westway. I just wanted to know if they use it on every free oil change, first oil change, or if the tech put it in by mistake.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Ruger

PM sent Jay. Thanks for the response.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Dominic Toretto

I've had nothing but great service a WW. Forget who my normal service advisor is but he is great too. Some halfway decent eye candy in there at times.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
PM sent Jay. Thanks for the response.
Hey man, I just checked, no messages in my inbox. Resend? Also who was your service advisor?

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
thelandshark

It just helps the oil from sludgeing they charged u for it if u paid money and thanks I love my car even tho its a v6 but u should not need it
Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Ruger

I just resent the pm. It didn't go through the first time. Sorry Jay.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Rebelracer568

Zaks is a waste of time. Odds are your service adviser was harvis or johnny. They basically screwed you over to better tHere percentage
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
MidWest281

Westway is one of my stores. Hopefully they take care of you. (I am sure they will). I never have any issues from westway service wise, they do a really good job. good managers up there.

ZAKtech products just make a bunch of additives and such. It's a vantile thing (guy who owns the store also owns the ZAKtech stuff).

It most likely won't hurt your motor. Not sure what it does to the viscosity or durability with heat though. I'd hope it'd improve it and not make is worse. If you have questions, just ask them about it.....they should have the answers, afterall they're the ones selling it.

Personally I would stick to the basics in all my cars....synthetic and synthetic blend.

2013 Performance White Boss 302
-Stock

2002 Mineral Gray GT
-VT engines Stage 2 N/A cams, full SLP exhaust, 4.10 gear...etc.
MidWest281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #13
kn7671

Pretty lame for them to add the stuff to your oil change without letting you know they were, or that there would be a charge for your "Free" oil change...

The oil change and service guys have got to know that most Mustang owners are fairly particular when it comes to servicing these cars.

What would happen if your motor blew up 1-month from now, and your car goes to a different and closer Ford dealership for repair, but during the repair, Ford analyzes the oil and denies the claim, then what...

Simply said, nobody should put up with this sort of business practice. You should have been well informed up front.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #14
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
The oil change and service guys have got to know that most Mustang owners are fairly particular when it comes to servicing these cars.

What would happen if your motor blew up 1-month from now, and your car goes to a different and closer Ford dealership for repair, but during the repair, Ford analyzes the oil and denies the claim, then what...

Everything they do in service is in the system for all dealerships to see. Most mustang owners couldnt give a rats ass.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote