Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Crash

Default Upgrade advice

Now im sure ima catch some heat from this one but i wanna upgrade from the current setup of my car but im thinking of doing twin turbos but i have not dont much research on the topic im open to any advice or yes even bad advice i have about 7 to spend im not even sure if i can top 600hp with that budget but like i said anytips would be great as well as any place that wants to bid the job im open and looking to do the install now so im rdy w/e
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
03MachMe

I know you can get to 600 with that budget with a Roush. Twins tend to be a little more expensive I think. Talk to Clint or Tim at TrueStreet. They will hook you up

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
zemog255

Roush, Paxton/Vortech, Procharger maybe a few others, can all get you to 600whp for under 7k pretty easily.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Crash

hmm ok maybe i should retype what i mean
what im asking for is full upgrade to intake manifold possible exhaust changes oil cooling not just buying a procharger and a tune im talking full upgrade to my top end if possible bc by my searching just for a cobra jet intake if i went that route is more than half my budget
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Crash

ill prolly have to wait to afford what i really want i am just super impatient sadly
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
zemog255

I see what you're saying now. You can take out the stock motor with just fuel upgrades basic exhaust upgrades and any blower pretty easily. Just depends how big you plan on going.

and yes budgets suck lol
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
G-Mann

Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Now im sure ima catch some heat from this one but i wanna upgrade from the current setup of my car but im thinking of doing twin turbos but i have not dont much research on the topic im open to any advice or yes even bad advice i have about 7 to spend im not even sure if i can top 600hp with that budget but like i said anytips would be great as well as any place that wants to bid the job im open and looking to do the install now so im rdy w/e
What is your existing setup??? What are you trying to accomplish?

Mine is a Daily Driver and I'm giving some serious consideration on going with a TVS setup (ROUSH). I like the fact that you don't really have to spin the car up to get at the power. I haven't tracked my car yet and that is not my priority, I'm looking for something that is a red light beast and I think by the time the centri's are catching up the race will be over, I'm shutting her down and then its just a ricer fly by.

I wish there were more turbo's out there on the 5.0's along with solid track records regarding longevity, maintenance, tuning, state inspections etc...

Last edited by G-Mann; 01-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
G-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote