Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
saunupe1911

Alright guys thoughts on the reveal. I'm exciting about the paddle shifters, big brakes, and electronic controls
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #32
Crimson600+HP

I have done almost everything you can do aftermarket wise to the SRA. It is a very stable SRA know, I noticed it when I have been chasing stock or adjustable panhard bar Mustangs at the track that mine is a lot more stable over imperfections of a road course. However, my car cannot compete with the confidence given by an IRS. I have to use skill, anticipation, and some balls when whipping around corners (more than the ZL1 I was chasing).

The MotorTrend channel on YouTube did a great video on the 2015 Mustang with the department heads of Ford. This car is lower to the ground, wider, and has a ton of capability that forced the engineers to build a proper sports car. I love my 2013 GT, love the challenge of driving it fast, but I would love to have a car that doesn't have you white knuckled all the time. They also revealed that the 2.3 EcoBoost car is going to be north of 305HP and have a broad torque curve similar to the 3.5 EcoBoost in the F150. That means this car is going to have great weight advantages and 50/50 weight distribution. To me, it's not a Mustang as I know it, but that car is going to be fast on the track once the aftermarket gets ahold of it. They also suggested that there was room left in the front for a possible intercooler...so a Turbo 5.0 V8 is probably going to be the SVT model. I can't wait to see this thing in person.

I think Ford played it safe on the looks. To me it is kind of bland outside of the rear end.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote