Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
saunupe1911

Default Look what came in the mail today....

4 Piston StopTechs with matching slotted rear rotor, rear Hawk HPS pads, stainless steel brake lines front/rear, and Motul 5.1 brake fluid. Appointment is set to install next week.

I'm almost done building my dream machine guys. A 2015 Stang will have to be mind blowing in order for me to get rid of my 2012.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1020[1].jpg (88.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1021[1].jpg (88.2 KB, 25 views)
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Very nice! Put those on yourself, it's super easy!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
saunupe1911

I don't have the necessary tools. Plus this is my daily driver. I can't afford to screw something up by experimenting.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I don't have the necessary tools. Plus this is my daily driver. I can't afford to screw something up by experimenting.
I put my Stoptechs on by myself. Wasn't hard at all.
Nice purchase!

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Very nice. I think this will be my next upgrade when I get my car back. My 13" rotors look tiny with those 20's I have on and plus its probably a good idea to upgrade to a bigger rotor.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I put my Stoptechs on by myself. Wasn't hard at all.
Nice purchase!
I went with the StopTechs after I realized something...BMW M and Audi S owners replace their factory Brembos with StopTech brakes so the performance must be a little better. My latest European Car Magazine features an S6 and new 335i running StopTechs all the way around. Plus I've read too many articles about Mustang factory Brembos fading after a couple laps, so stainless steel brake lines and good fluid was a must for me as well. Have you noticed any fade? Tim showed me your Stang back in the operating room at TrueStreet. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I went with the StopTechs after I realized something...BMW M and Audi S owners replace their factory Brembos with StopTech brakes so the performance must be a little better. My latest European Car Magazine features an S6 and new 335i running StopTechs all the way around. Plus I've read too many articles about Mustang factory Brembos fading after a couple laps, so stainless steel brake lines and good fluid was a must for me as well. Have you noticed any fade? Tim showed me your Stang back in the operating room at TrueStreet. Good luck with the repairs.
The Brembos are definetely overrated and are not much better than the stock brakes in regards to performance. The Brembos do fade after a couple of laps if you track them and the Stoptech's are superior in this regard. However, most people will never use the Brembos beyond their capabilities driving their cars on the street 99% of the time. If you plan on tracking the car a lot, then Stoptech's would be worth the extra money. If the cars purpose is mainly street duty then the Brembos will serve their purpose in peformance and asthetics filling up the wheel better than the stock brakes.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The Brembos are definetely overrated and are not much better than the stock brakes in regards to performance. The Brembos do fade after a couple of laps if you track them and the Stoptech's are superior in this regard. However, most people will never use the Brembos beyond their capabilities driving their cars on the street 99% of the time. If you plan on tracking the car a lot, then Stoptech's would be worth the extra money. If the cars purpose is mainly street duty then the Brembos will serve their purpose in peformance and asthetics filling up the wheel better than the stock brakes.
You hit the nail on the coffin. This was my last upgrade so that I can attend a few track events. I have Eibach camber bolts instead of Camber Mounts for proper alignment, but I should be OK. I really, really hate that I missed this weekend's events. My orignal goal back in February was to have everything done by March 2.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

No fade at all on the street (i haven't been able to track the car yet), they stop real quick which to me is a necessity when adding a couple hundred more hp.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Change the pads on the brembos and then they are good. Don't hate bc u have tiny brakes behind those true forged lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Change the pads on the brembos and then they are good. Don't hate bc u have tiny brakes behind those true forged lol
I had the huge Brembos on my SRT-8 on all four corners. They are better than stock but not by much. Any mass production brake setup isn't going to be as good as true race brake set up. The production Brembos are marginally better than the stock brakes when it comes to performance driving on the track. On the street, they do stop better though since they really don't have a chance to get blazing hot like they would on the track.

And you are right, I do need to change my brakes at some point to fill those wheels. It looks kinda lame right now. lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #12
merlinmol

Grats on the new StopTech's, they are nice, I didn't like the stock brembo's either, I went with Wilwoods for my upgrade, been good so far.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #13
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
Grats on the new StopTech's, they are nice, I didn't like the stock brembo's either, I went with Wilwoods for my upgrade, been good so far.
Those 6 piston Willwoods are on another level of performance though lol.

Last edited by Phuck Phace; 03-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Those 6 piston Willwoods are on another level of performance though lol.
Stoptechs come in 6 Piston too, they just don't make any rears, which sucks.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Old 03-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #15
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Stoptechs come in 6 Piston too, they just don't make any rears, which sucks.
True, but I just felt like they would have been overkill.