Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #76
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I think all the "LS stock" stuff is hilarious. Some of those LS guys really believe that shit! haha.
"It's only H/C/I. Here's my receipt to prove it. All those engine parts are for my buddy's car."
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #77
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
"It's only H/C/I. Here's my receipt to prove it. All those engine parts are for my buddy's car."
It's the "cam only" guys that really make me laugh. The car can have a bunch of other shit done to it, but since the heads are untouched, it's "cam only".
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #78
BERT
I love tube socks

It's an inside joke between Bert and I you overly sensitive clowns. lol

"There was one?"
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #79
STROKD
Old School

It's the "cam only" guys that really make me laugh. The car can have a bunch of other shit done to it, but since the heads are untouched, it's "cam only".
My 08 was cam and exhaust only.. nitrous of course when I used it. Dont count air filters anymore. Lol
Old 05-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #80
Dominic Toretto

If by "a bunch of other shit" you mean supporting mods for the cam, then it's pretty ridiculous to assume someone would only install a cam WITHOUT supporting mods lol.

I mean seriously, who would install an LG G5X3 cam and not upgrade to longtubes, better intake, IM, plugs, tune, full exhaust to take full advantage of the cam? Of course better heads would be optimal but, everything else is pretty necessary to use the cam without it being a monumental waste of money.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #81
re-rx7
Banned

Heads and cams are bolts ons.

In the ls universe
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #82
Junkie

like I said, what hard parts have been changed? What NONE STOCK PARTS have been added?

Thats like counting 93 octane as a mod lol
Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #83
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
like I said, what hard parts have been changed? What NONE STOCK PARTS have been added?

Thats like counting 93 octane as a mod lol
Stock = Factory. If the tune isn't the same tune it left the factory assembly line with, it's not stock, regardless if everything else is untouched.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #84
Dominic Toretto

Stock = Factory.
'nuff said.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #85
Junkie

What factory parts have been removed and replaced? I'm talking hard parts, actual things you can hold in your hand.

By your definition, once you do an oil change the car isn't stock. Its not the factory oil in the motor anymore.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #86
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
If by "a bunch of other shit" you mean supporting mods for the cam, then it's pretty ridiculous to assume someone would only install a cam WITHOUT supporting mods lol.

I mean seriously, who would install an LG G5X3 cam and not upgrade to longtubes, better intake, IM, plugs, tune, full exhaust to take full advantage of the cam? Of course better heads would be optimal but, everything else is pretty necessary to use the cam without it being a monumental waste of money.

-Alex
You just said it yourself, that isn't just a cam, but a lot of other things as well. The phrase "cam only" is meant to understate mods for those who are uninformed on what it really means. Personally, I find it funny as hell and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's all part of racing as far as I'm concerned. If you don't come out prepared, educated on street racing, on your A game, car prepped and running to run it's best race, then it's on you. Hence the old term, "run what ya bring and hope you brought enough".

This latest generation of racers are a bunch of sniveling little whiners who have to bench race it to death first with their calculator racing to insure they get the win or don't race. It's cry baby bullshit. I wish people would just get back to having fun and racing win or lose without thinking it's some kind of personal reflection upon themselves as a man. It's a hobby, the shit is suppose to be fun. I'll race anyone, I don't care. Win or lose, doesn't matter because it's fun.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #87
DirtyD

What factory parts have been removed and replaced? I'm talking hard parts, actual things you can hold in your hand.

By your definition, once you do an oil change the car isn't stock. Its not the factory oil in the motor anymore.
You are stretching my statement IMO.

Stock is the factory parts and configuration of the vehicle as it left the factory, but doesn't include fuel, oil, coolant, etc since those are replenishable.

Oil eventually has to be changed...a tune, intake, exhaust, etc doesn't HAVE to be changed.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #88
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You can replace the oil with the same oil it left the factory with. You're splitting hairs in your argument. lol.

Stock is stock. The way it leaves the factory. Factory tune and all.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #89
DirtyD

This latest generation of racers are a bunch of sniveling little whiners who have to bench race it to death first with their calculator racing to insure they get the win or don't race. It's cry baby bullshit.
So exactly like Zeek calling out all Mustangs "650whp and below"?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #90
Junkie

You are stretching my statement IMO.

Stock is the factory parts and configuration of the vehicle as it left the factory, but doesn't include fuel, oil, coolant, etc since those are replenishable.

Oil eventually has to be changed...a tune, intake, exhaust, etc doesn't HAVE to be changed.
I've personally switched to 0 weight oil and picked up great power. So no I'm not stretching anything.

Car is "factory" anymore once one oil change is done, according to your definition.