Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
merlinmol

Default Official Dyno Tuned

What up peeps,

I got my car dyno tuned today. It is amazing the difference in the car now with how it drove before. The car went 526.8 STD HP and 454.6 STD TQ. This was at about 4:30 today so around 90 degrees and over 70% humidity. I was fairly impressed with the numbers considering the Temp and Humidity. I am also running the stock pulley and have LT's so I'm probably at 6 to 6.5 lb's of boost

I know several people like the Roush TVS kits and always wonder how the Magnuson compares to it. My car pretty much has what a stage 1 Roush kit would and puts down about the same if not more HP than the Roush TVS would. I did a little looking and found some numbers that JDM put down which showed 475 RWHP, not sure if that's STD or SAE. I am also not sure of their Altitude/Temp/Humidity numbers. They also show that the stage one is around 7-8 lb's of boost.

I will be posting a pic of the dyno sheet here shortly. Hopefully this helps those of you that have been looking at TVS kits. Please also note that the Magnuson S/C kits do not require you to do any cutting on the block which I believe the Roush kits do. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by merlinmol; 04-17-2013 at 08:40 PM.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
svt-eric

me want to race!
svt-eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Nice, I wanna see what it will make at 16lbs.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
Rydawg1

nice numbers man.

2013 SG 400A GT Premium w/Brembos, VMP TVS 2.3 stage 2, Fore return style fuel system, ID1000's, 20" Shelby CS70's, Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit, BMR K member, UCA, LCA, adj. Pan hard Bar, Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, MBRP race exhaust with Lethal O/R H, JLT oil separator
Rydawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Nice!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
Midnight11
El Presidente

very nice scott!

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
Justin@VMP

Just enough to get in trouble with..
Justin@VMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
merlinmol

Originally Posted by Justin@VMP View Post
Just enough to get in trouble with..
This is true, will be interesting to see how I do the next time I take her to the track, have a feeling i will be fighting oversteer like crazy. Throttle response is borderline retarded now.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #9
Luke

What were the numbers before the boost?
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
merlinmol

Don't have numbers from before, S/C was on the car at 600 miles. Car normally would have been dyno tuned as it was built, but with SEMA there isn't always a lot of time to get everything done. It's a godsend just to have a car that ran and drove there haha.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
03MachMe

Default Re: Official Dyno Tuned

Very nice! I might just have to go this route. I really like how you don't have to cut anything for the install. What is the price on the kit?

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
merlinmol

Thanks Ryan, give Mike a call (972) 542-0255. He will let you know what he can do for you on the Maggie kit.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Very nice! I might just have to go this route. I really like how you don't have to cut anything for the install. What is the price on the kit?
Of all the kits, it's the easiest to install. The base Maggie kits are around $5500 bucks, but it comes with everything you need except a decent intake which they are still trying to develop. They struggle to make decent power and really need to be pullied. They could also benefit from a larger intercooler because the one it comes with is really small, but it was designed to just slide in with no mods/cutting needed. Several owners have made comments about heatsoak issues due to the size of the intercooler. BUT, if you're only looking for fun moderate power, the Maggie will get it done.

I think the Maggie is a solid alternative for someone wanting a PD blower but cant drop $7k on a Roush setup. The upside of the Roush setup is that it's a proven blower with easy support (to where the Maggie has almost none outside of the Vette community) The Roush also has proven reliability by Ford.

I've put a lot of time into researching all the blowers available for these cars. I talked to Travis who is the owner of SVTP who has a Maggie on his GT. He's been helping Magnuson develop a CAI for the the blower, but it's been very slow going. They've been working on that thing for over a year now. Travis made a frankenstein CAI for it out of spare parts and it picked up some really good power showing the stock intake really chokes the blower.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
merlinmol

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Of all the kits, it's the easiest to install. The base Maggie kits are around $5500 bucks, but it comes with everything you need except a decent intake which they are still trying to develop. They struggle to make decent power and really need to be pullied. They could also benefit from a larger intercooler because the one it comes with is really small, but it was designed to just slide in with no mods/cutting needed. Several owners have made comments about heatsoak issues due to the size of the intercooler. BUT, if you're only looking for fun moderate power, the Maggie will get it done.

I think the Maggie is a solid alternative for someone wanting a PD blower but cant drop $7k on a Roush setup. The upside of the Roush setup is that it's a proven blower with easy support (to where the Maggie has almost none outside of the Vette community) The Roush also has proven reliability by Ford.

I've put a lot of time into researching all the blowers available for these cars. I talked to Travis who is the owner of SVTP who has a Maggie on his GT. He's been helping Magnuson develop a CAI for the the blower, but it's been very slow going. They've been working on that thing for over a year now. Travis made a frankenstein CAI for it out of spare parts and it picked up some really good power showing the stock intake really chokes the blower.
Steve, this isn't 100% correct which is why I posted some info about the Roush stage 1 kit. To say that Maggie struggles to make decent power is bullshit. Sure if you take the stage 2 or 3 kits with CAI's and pullies on them they make more power, but it would be no different than if you do a CAI and pulley on the Maggie. Also to say that Maggie is unproven except with Corvette is inaccurate as well, especially since Magnuson has been around way longer that most others out there. The only reason they are not known on Mustangs as much is because of how popular the Kenny Bell's and Whipples are from the Termi days. I hope you know that when you look at the kits on the online stores that those are not RWHP numbers. For example, my Maggie kit is making around 600 crank which is about the same as the Roush 575 Kit.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
BUT, if you're only looking for fun moderate power, the Maggie will get it done.

I think the Maggie is a solid alternative for someone wanting a PD blower but cant drop $7k on a Roush setup.
Yep sounds like me! I just want to be right at 600hp and I will be more than happy and it sounds like this kit will get me to that goal. Plus I have never installed something this large before so the ease of install is huge plus for me.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote