Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
Steve, this isn't 100% correct which is why I posted some info about the Roush stage 1 kit. To say that Maggie struggles to make decent power is bullshit. Sure if you take the stage 2 or 3 kits with CAI's and pullies on them they make more power, but it would be no different than if you do a CAI and pulley on the Maggie. Also to say that Maggie is unproven except with Corvette is inaccurate as well, especially since Magnuson has been around way longer that most others out there. The only reason they are not known on Mustangs as much is because of how popular the Kenny Bell's and Whipples are from the Termi days. I hope you know that when you look at the kits on the online stores that those are not RWHP numbers. For example, my Maggie kit is making around 600 crank which is about the same as the Roush 575 Kit.
It's just my opinions from my research I have done talking to owners and shops that carry them. When I say unproven, I was referring to the new 5.0's and not their entire market. Information and tech is not as readily available for the Maggie as it is other kits simply because there isn't very many people running them. I gave both the negative and the positives of my opinions of the kit and you're focusing on the negative because you're taking personally. I think that anyone who is going to drop that kind of money on a kit should do their research of both the positives and the negatives. Get what you are looking for, but also be aware of the drawbacks.

The Maggie kit will make power, but it's NOT as efficient due to its packaging for ease of install. The Maggie kits do IN FACT have more heatsoak issues than other PD blowers due to the size of the intercooler. Your car makes 525rw on the first hit, I guarantee you it doesn't on the second. All kits have the positives as well as drawbacks. Prochargers make great power, but they also are more taxing on motors because they require more HP to turn them versus other centri blowers.

There is a reason why Ford deals with Roush, it's because it's a quality, durable product that makes great power. It's hard to argue that.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Yep sounds like me! I just want to be right at 600hp and I will be more than happy and it sounds like this kit will get me to that goal. Plus I have never installed something this large before so the ease of install is huge plus for me.
Cool. Sounds like it could work for you then! Hopefully they will release the CAI for it soon, then you can just pulley it down a step or two, a good custom tune (do not use the Maggie supplied one lol) and you should be real close to 600rw with some nice torque.

Travis has a nice, step by step install write up on the Maggie. You should check it out, I'm sure you could easily do it by yourself or a couple of friends who live close by to help you out.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
merlinmol

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's just my opinions from my research I have done talking to owners and shops that carry them. When I say unproven, I was referring to the new 5.0's and not their entire market. Information and tech is not as readily available for the Maggie as it is other kits simply because there isn't very many people running them. I gave both the negative and the positives of my opinions of the kit and you're focusing on the negative because you're taking personally. I think that anyone who is going to drop that kind of money on a kit should do their research of both the positives and the negatives. Get what you are looking for, but also be aware of the drawbacks.

The Maggie kit will make power, but it's NOT as efficient due to its packaging for ease of install. The Maggie kits do IN FACT have more heatsoak issues than other PD blowers due to the size of the intercooler. Your car makes 525rw on the first hit, I guarantee you it doesn't on the second. All kits have the positives as well as drawbacks. Prochargers make great power, but they also are more taxing on motors because they require more HP to turn them versus other centri blowers.

There is a reason why Ford deals with Roush, it's because it's a quality, durable product that makes great power. It's hard to argue that.
I understand what you were trying to say and I am being defensive because you make it sound like Maggie kits aren't as efficient, or have a harder time making power when they are practically the exact same. In fact, as far as I know, the VMP, Roush, and Maggie kits all use the exact same Eaton Rotors in their 2.3L superchargers. The heat exchanger/intercooler isn't going to be the real issue with heat soaking, granted a bigger one helps prolong it as much as possible. The biggest problem for heat soaking is because the coolant tanks are in the engine bay, either right next to the engine or right on top of the radiator. The only true way to keep from getting heat soaked is to move those tanks (and the pump) away from the engine bay.

By the way, that dyno sheet is from the 2nd pull, after the car was already retardedly hot and with the air temp being 90+ degrees with over 70% humidity.

Last edited by merlinmol; 04-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Nice numbers. Sounds like a fun ride.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote