Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
Crimson600+HP

Default Save a Local TX Track

I don't know how many of y'all are into road courses or have been on this track, but Texas World Speedway in College Station, TX is now under attack from developers. For those who don't know, this was one of the few superspeedways in the United States in its heyday and now is the most publically accessible road course in Texas. Usually, it is booked 90% of the weekends throughout the year to HPDE groups, SCCA racers, LeMons Racing, etc. Recently, Jalopnik did a great article about the history and importance of this track to the grassroots racing efforts in Texas and the United States.

http://jalopnik.com/why-texas-world-...ved-1543680020

Economically, TWS is also one of the few attractions that city has to offer. Outside of the University and Kyle Field, I am sure TWS is next in line as far as tourist attractions. Heck, for some (like me) who have no connection or care for the local university, it's the only reason I would spend time/money in College Station. I am sure TWS helps out that community by filling hotel rooms whenever football season isn't in.

This was the first road course I have ever been on and holds near and dear to my heart. Heck, it has a huge straight where you can get up near 140 MPH in a stock 5.0 (personal experience) and more than that if you are modified and have the brakes. I know efforts to stop this development will probably fail, but the power of the internet could pull off a miracle. If you have the time, sign this petition going around and let the developers know that we would rather keep this track than have another housing development (especially when that area of College Station is barren for many miles around the track).

http://soonerbillz.com/SaveTWS/

Okay, probably TLDR, but my rant is over now.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Hddcrasher

Bump to the top. This is a great cause, they hold events most weekends of the entire year!

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Hddcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote