Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #46
Yagermeister

The list is close enough to get started and that's all we needed. Its not perfect but after racing commences it'll work its way to being perfect.

I said this on the rules doc when I first posted them...

Everyone please remember that we had to start somewhere and Dale Zavala was cool enough to take a stab at who's on the original list. If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!

Read the rules and you'll see that the person being challenged is above the person making the callout. The person being challenged can say dig, roll, track, street whatever BUT we cannot make anyone do anything illegal they don't want to do. Work together on setting up your race. Dale and I are providing with a way to keep track of things FOR FUN and to provide a little structure as well.

Everyone needs to focus on racing and not who was on the original list BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER! If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #47
Toby

Is the list limited to mustangs?
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #48
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
The thing is, if someone doesn't come, then nothing can change at or above their position.
Just beat #10 and keep making callouts. If the race doesn't get done in a timely fashion you move up win or lose. We believe a 1-2 week timeframe to complete a race is sufficient.

Come to Yagermeister or OG Fox for any clarifications or proposed rules. In fact a new rule came about today due to a certain circumstance we saw so things are fluid and we are willing to hear ANYONE WHO BRINGS SOLUTIONS.

Just being real about things, here is a snippet from the rules doc:

"...any arguments will be resolved by Brent Yager or Dale Zavala and our decision is final. If you don't like it you don't have to participate in the list"
Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #49
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Not sure but we are the DFW 5.0s

I'll discuss with Dale and Nicolas
Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #50
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Not sure but we are the DFW 5.0s

I'll discuss with Dale and Nicolas
It has been confirmed the person must be a club member and have a mustang.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #51
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
for the list, yes, has to be a mustang and in dfw50s. thats not to say you cant race anyone at anytime.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #52
Oxford14Stang

Ant called me out for Saturday at Ennis. I'd prefer the streets but he said he won't run on the streets anymore. So we are taking it to the track so I can lose to a v6

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #53
Doug1227

With all due respect, knowing that you don't like to street race, would you feel the same way if you had to work your way up the list knowing that there were people above you that wouldn't take YOUR race at the track? You'd be locked in your spot, not because you weren't quicker, but because you didn't want to street race. Think about it.....

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
The list is close enough to get started and that's all we needed. Its not perfect but after racing commences it'll work its way to being perfect.

I said this on the rules doc when I first posted them...

Everyone please remember that we had to start somewhere and Dale Zavala was cool enough to take a stab at who's on the original list. If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!

Read the rules and you'll see that the person being challenged is above the person making the callout. The person being challenged can say dig, roll, track, street whatever BUT we cannot make anyone do anything illegal they don't want to do. Work together on setting up your race. Dale and I are providing with a way to keep track of things FOR FUN and to provide a little structure as well.

Everyone needs to focus on racing and not who was on the original list BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER! If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #54
Midnight11
El Presidente

^if they dont race you after you challenge them for a certain time, you lose your spot...

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #55
OG Fox
Supporting Member

i kinda get what doug is saying. however, i think we should strongly advise racing at the track first, but if both parties want to, they can do it on the street.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
GunsUp

List spots on the street should have spotters in front and behind. Just saying.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #57
Doug1227

If YOU want to move up and challenge the guy above you and he wants a street race, and you don't, you're stuck. He gets to pick the race because he's above you.

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
^if they dont race you after you challenge them for a certain time, you lose your spot...
Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #58
Yagermeister

Doug as Dale mentioned I understand but we are all big boys and can work with each other to get a race together. Track first and street last for safety, not getting into an accident and killing bystanders, not getting tickets, etc. Work it out but the person above you does have rank on you :-)
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #59
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
I think you might want to reread what you typed, Nic....that makes no sense.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #60
Yagermeister

What he means is that if you call out someone above you but they do not race you within a reasonable timeframe of around 2 weeks they lose their spot