Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Crimson600+HP

Default For the Road Racers/Auto-X Manual Transmission Guys

Auto-Blip. Downshift rev matching made easy. Sounds way too good to be true.

I have just spent the last two hours reading about this product on BossMustangsOnline.com and a couple other forums and thought this was genius. Heel-Toe technique is very hard to get right, I have been practicing the past year and it has barely been working. Braking, downshift, and trying to rev-match at the same time while coming to a corner at 100+ MPH is fairly hard to do. This product seems to do that for you, which I am trying hard not to order right now. Pretty much, if my car didn't crap out cylinder #8 I will be putting this on my car before the road course season this March.

http://auto-blip.com/index.php?route=common/home

I don't work for these guys, but the Boss302 guys seem to be swearing by them.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Looks sweet but I wonder how well it works? I know some of the newer 370z's have a factory option for something similar.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #3
El_Tortuga

Not very good at it ether, but I'm working on it.

I actually test fitted wide gas pedal tonight to help with heel-toe
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
Crimson600+HP

If you go to the media tab on there website, there is a link to the Boss302 Forum. On the last and 9th page there is a guy racing his car with it and it works amazing from the sound of it. Blips the throttle on downshifts only when the clutch and brake are applied at the same time. I can see how it would inspire confidence braking later into corners where you need to shift. The boss guys talk about how it is very similar to the 370z setup in how it works. Seems to be a simple analog signal that applies throttle through electric signals whenever certain gates are met (clutch and brake depressed). Beauty about it is it can be easily turned off for DD duty and turned on at the track (also adjustable). Just sounds too good to be true lol.

Like I said, if my car isn't crap I will be doing a review on this come March/April timeframe.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
fordplay

Sounds cool... it's not just the 370 that has it. A few other performance vehicles are running it.. I imagine it will be safer on the transmission and driveline also
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
JDMLOL

What about downshifting two gears?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #7
Crimson600+HP

The 370s system is supposed to be similiar to this, but through ECU programming I believe. Not 100% sure though.

As far as the two gears, that was one of the discussions on the boss forum. Since it can't really be adjusted on the fly, alot of the guys have been double clutching real fast to make it blip when going down two gears. There is some flaw in the design, as it is a real simple analog signal. But some of the guys there have figured out its little nuances and have drop significant time off their laps.

Figure I will go scout the internet now for more reviews than what is listed on there website. Hopefully will be armed with a better outlook on this device.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
03MachMe

Hmm interesting. Hopefully can see your review soon!

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote