Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
Eaglei532

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
figure what out? what is wrong now or the battery draw or the tune? I have never been a fan of HPP, was a fan of Gearheads for a long time but their customer service seemed to go out the window as well. I have only been to TrueStreet for the dyno day but they def impressed me and will for sure be giving them a shot if I need anything done that I can not do myself. If you need help with anything just hit me up. I'm off work this whole next week and would love to help you out if I can, plus do you still the springs installed?
Yeah I might be sending the car to TS, I know I have a draw but I just cant find it. damn gremlins

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger View Post
The sensor fails because of the rate of pressure rise, or a square wave. When I say square wave, I mean that it’s basically seeing a huge pressure rise like it’s being hit with a hammer. (Explanation from Jerry Wroblewiski, Ford and SCT)
Kenne Bell makes a disc that prevents its from happening again for around $20

I'd be happy to help with the draw. Are the shops using a DVOM to diag the draw? I live in Richardson.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out.
Im about to pull the plugs, if that doesnt show anything then i dont know whats going on. Maybe the sensor that everyone thinks, i'll check that too.

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Truestreet Motorsports is the only shop in town worth dealing with, period. If they cant fix it, it aint broke.
My car will put them to a test, its been a real Beotch for the past 8 month, nothing has been working normally

RIP Chris Kyle
Eaglei532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

My car will put them to a test, its been a real Beotch for the past 8 month, nothing has been working normally
I dont want to get into shop bashing, but that is a common problem with hpp cars. They are so busy and stacked up with cars that its common for things to get over looked when they are in a hurry to push a car out. Clint will not allow that to happen and will not leave his shop until he is satisfied with it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Eaglei532

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I dont want to get into shop bashing, but that is a common problem with hpp cars. They are so busy and stacked up with cars that its common for things to get over looked when they are in a hurry to push a car out. Clint will not allow that to happen and will not leave his shop until he is satisfied with it.
Yeah I totally understand that, its not bashing. They are always incredibly busy when I call or go up there. I just went to TS a few minutes ago, met Tim and Clint for the first time, Phuck Phace was also up there with his car. I got new plugs and will be trying to get my car running with some of the advice that they gave me. Loved the setting and the style of service at TS. Great to finally put some names to faces

RIP Chris Kyle
Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
Eaglei532

If any of you guys are still following this thread, I started a thread with pics in the True street section because they are the ones really helping me on this one. I threw up some pics of the plugs after I pulled em, more to come Im sure

RIP Chris Kyle
Old 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #20
Cabikejumper

NEVER GO TO GEARHEADS. Dallasmustangs tuned mine.

2005 GTO. 403ci twin turbo, E85

2012 dodge ram 3500. Slow and Stock
Cabikejumper is offline   Reply With Quote