Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > Vorshlag Motorsports

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Hddcrasher

Default Review The Vorshlag-Bilstein StreetPro kit

This is my review of the Bilstein dampers and springs with Vorshlag CC Plates.
I chose this upgrade to improve the handling for track use at ECR. It took about a week for the springs to settle in. First couple of days, every little bump was transmitted up through the seat. Now it feels smooth, I can tell a much improved connection to the road. The OEM springs and dampers made this car feel more like driving a marshmallow.

The brake dive had to be 2 or 3 inches. That is gone now. I can adjust my camber to -2.8 now. I could get more if I had chosen to lower it more.
This kit offered a mild drop in ride height; at work we have a severe ramp in and out of parking lot, which prevented me from going any lower.

On to track times: Previous outing I was averaging 2:32 laps. First outing with this kit, I dropped to 2:18 per lap! Most of the 13 seconds was being able to enter and exit corners carrying more speed. The rest was being able to be more aggressive about late braking before turns.
I chose to have Vorshlag perform the installation, and I was in and out in same day (had apt scheduled ahead of time). I am extremely satisfied in their kit and installation.
Here is a link to some pics they took of the work: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Customer...2253&k=WVLzd3Q

Brembo Brake kit, CS lower valance with brake cooling kit, Bilstein dampers & springs with Vorshlag CCplates. Custom CS lower grill mesh.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
JPC

cool
this is on my 2014 mod list