Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

For the budget you've allotted, I still feel the programmer/CAI/Tune is the best option for the price and a great jumping off point for future modding having the tune in place. And also fits your budget to a T!

Gears/Tune would also be an option close to budget.

Additionally; for roughly $200 more (depending on catted or not) you can land a mid pipe of sorts coupled with a programmer and tune. But in most reported instances only the catless off-road nets measurable gains. Even then it's on par with the CAI. And if your planning on headers in the future you should sit tight and grab the matching mid.

....everything mentioned being new that is.

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 03-23-2013 at 03:56 PM.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Luke

There's an O/R h-pipe on SVTP for $200. I put my tuner and o/r x on at the same time, made a huge difference, louder than I originally wanted but I'll fix that in time. I personally wouldn't go with gears, plenty of other parts to choose from especially considering you can do them yourself and save some money.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
l3g1t

I think it's gunna be an SCT, haven't decided on brand of o/r h but one of those lol, and see where I'm at. If I feel I want more power I will add something if not I may be saving for a Paxton or procharger.

Company Truck: '11 F250 Oxford white 6AT - Stock
l3g1t is offline   Reply With Quote