Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
edgar.rod022

Default Need some suggestions

Alright so I have an 11 GT manual with a transmission whine from 1st-4th gear and its getting pretty bad. I live in Arlington so I'm trying to find a dealership close by that has a good service department to take it to. Any suggestions? I hear Grapevine is good and I'd be willing to take it up there, but I'd like to stay closer to Arlington since my work schedule doesn't give me a lot of free time during dealership business hours. It's also starting to make a slight grinding noise at low RPMs.. any ideas of what it might be? Thanks.
edgar.rod022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
JDMLOL

It's an mt-82, that's the problem. Don't take it to any AutoNation service department. Especially if you have any mods, that will be the cause of the problem and they will turn you away.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
rriddle3

Try Don Davis Ford on 360 near I30.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
edgar.rod022

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
That's where I was thinking about taking it. Except last time I went there because one of my TPMS sensors was messing up they said it wasn't covered under warranty and turned me away. Didn't even ask an questions. But I'll give it another shot. Thanks!

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
It's an mt-82, that's the problem. Don't take it to any AutoNation service department. Especially if you have any mods, that will be the cause of the problem and they will turn you away.
Only mods I have now are suspension and a borla axleback but I was planning on staying away from Autonation.
edgar.rod022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #5
Barry McCockiner

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
^This.
Barry McCockiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
l3g1t

I hope don Davis has better care for cars than trucks. Worst service I've ever had on a truck.

Company Truck: '11 F250 Oxford white 6AT - Stock
l3g1t is offline   Reply With Quote