Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
re-rx7
Banned

Default Thoughts on Sterling being banned from the NBA?

I think its bullshit. What is said in private should not be held accountable. Everyone has a Opinion or beliefs about everything. SLippery slope for sure.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
rlhay2

The NBA owners are a UNION!
As such, they can dictate moral standards to their members. The populace does not have to agree with this and being a member of this union is a choice that Sterling did not have to make.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
BERT
I love tube socks

He should've been pushed out years ago but nobody cared cause the Clippers sucked donkey balls for like 30yrs. Everyone knows what kind of shit owner/person he is, it's not secret.

I don't disagree with the lifetime ban. Hell, he's 81, so that'll be like a 5yr ban max
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Crimson600+HP

I think the ban from the NBA and fine is great. No need for that in the NBA.

Good luck getting him to relinquish ownership though. I don't care about the by laws, this will be in litigation for a while. I know if I owned a business and someone else told me I have to sell it without a profit I would fight it as long as possible.

Right decision, but now the NBA will have to wait this guy out I believe.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
JDMLOL

With the way technology is these days, NOTHING is private, especially if you're a high profile person. This type of thing is becoming more and more common. Grabbing a quick video and throwing it on YouTube or a sound clip is too easy with modern tech. Besides, there's no reason for for that racist shit. It's not 1960 anymore.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 04-29-2014 at 08:17 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
garner

It's stupid. Everybody has said a few racist things in their life. It's just getting blown out of proportion because of his high social standing, and the NBA wants to try to prove a point to the minorities
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
rlhay2

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Everybody has said a few racist things in their life.
Whom else has lost $25 million dollar lawsuit because he did not want to rent his apartments to minorities. He has an established 30+ year history of bigotry.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Crimson600+HP

This guy has a history of this. I think it is the right move, especially with Silver just being into the job as NBA Commisioner for like three weeks. Better starting off as a hardass then being a weak guy like David Stern. Sterling is getting what he deserved, but I find it legally hard for the league to force someone to sell their team. We all know they will make this owner vote public too, thus forcing the hand of every owner to vote in favor of kicking Sterling. Rigging a vote, no matter how justified the result will be, is still a violation of due process in my opinion.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
re-rx7
Banned

WHo gives a fuck? The guy said it in the privacy of his own home. Last time i checked we ahve a right to freedom of speech and opinion. This is bullshit. Just because he doesnt like black people? Shit, what about the shit black people say about white people. Its hypocricy at its finest.

I could care less if the guy likes black people or sweet tea. HE isnt discriminating against them. Hell he pays them accordingly and even hired a black coach.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtwCPXC_Pj0

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #11
Dominic Toretto

I agree with Brandon. The man should be allowed to be himself at the bare minimum in his fucking home. I man damn, does he need to put on a costume all day, he can't take it off at home!? I would love to be 100% Alex at all times of the day but, I can't go to work in sweat pants and be on spankwire all day, so I go home for that.

I don't follow sports but, I would think if the man had been an owner for this long, then he hasn't screwed up his job too much. His athletes majority, if not all Black, he has been paying, he's hired Black people. His job is a business and apparently he's done a good enough job to not let his being racist, effect his actual work performance. And in doing so, provided for Black people.

Now that he is banned from the NBA, I'm sure he will find something relaxing to do with his billions, so really he is OK no matter what. I don't agree that he should have been fired but, due to sponsors no longer providing money, I can see why he was banned. When you're the direct cause of money being lost from the company, especially in such great amounts... yeah you're probably going to get fired.

The only person that I have a problem with is the effing sideline that sent the phone conversation. Really ho? You're getting cut off from stuff you gained by being a ho and now you want retribution because, YOU were a slut and got cars, etc. But this is the world we live in.

Freedom of speech only exists if you assume that freedom has consequences. If you think you can say whatever you want at any given time, then that mistake is on you.

BTW for those that haven't met me, I am Black and I honestly don't care if Sterling is racist. I'm sure I work with racists, Black, White, Latino and otherwise but hell, if we can all come to work to make sure we all get paid go put on your cloak and hood in your spare time.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #12
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I agree with Brandon. The man should be allowed to be himself at the bare minimum in his fucking home. I man damn, does he need to put on a costume all day, he can't take it off at home!? I would love to be 100% Alex at all times of the day but, I can't go to work in sweat pants and be on spankwire all day, so I go home for that.

I don't follow sports but, I would think if the man had been an owner for this long, then he hasn't screwed up his job too much. His athletes majority, if not all Black, he has been paying, he's hired Black people. His job is a business and apparently he's done a good enough job to not let his being racist, effect his actual work performance. And in doing so, provided for Black people.

Now that he is banned from the NBA, I'm sure he will find something relaxing to do with his billions, so really he is OK no matter what. I don't agree that he should have been fired but, due to sponsors no longer providing money, I can see why he was banned. When you're the direct cause of money being lost from the company, especially in such great amounts... yeah you're probably going to get fired.

The only person that I have a problem with is the effing sideline that sent the phone conversation. Really ho? You're getting cut off from stuff you gained by being a ho and now you want retribution because, YOU were a slut and got cars, etc. But this is the world we live in.

Freedom of speech only exists if you assume that freedom has consequences. If you think you can say whatever you want at any given time, then that mistake is on you.

BTW for those that haven't met me, I am Black and I honestly don't care if Sterling is racist. I'm sure I work with racists, Black, White, Latino and otherwise but hell, if we can all come to work to make sure we all get paid go put on your cloak and hood in your spare time.

-Alex
Very well put sir.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
Crimson600+HP

I'm not saying throwing him in jail or something for being a racist, that is completely fine with his 2nd Ammendment rights. But I do think the NBA has the right to dissasociate themsevles (ban for life from attending, not necessarily forcing him to sell something he owns) from an owner who has racist views to a minority which happens to make up the larger portion of the NBA. The NBA is a money making business and when something threatens that profit (IE players not playing in games like they were going to according to the players association), you cut your ties. Shit, that is why all the sponsors of the Clippers cut loose until Sterling was removed.

He has the right to be racist in his house or where ever, just somewhere else and not this club. If I was running the NBA, I would have done the same. But I would also be prepared for years of litigation which would ultimately favor Sterling making a huge profit in the end. Unless he croaks.

This will be an interesting story to read once it is fully resolved though.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

-Alex
Best post you have ever made. Very well said.

While what the man said is reprehensible, he still has the right to say/think the way he does. It doesn't make him right, just because he said/thought it.

If it wasn't for social media and the media in general, this wouldn't even be such a big issue. What some old man said doesn't affect me or anyone here at all. Old white guys of his age saying crazy shit isn't exactly something new here. If he wasn't in a high profile position no one would give two shits what this clown said. But the general public is quick to tear down anyone who is successful regardless of what their faults are, its just a fault to go after.

Frankly, if the man is a racist, he isn't a very good one. He's employs a great many people who are of non-white back ground and the majority of the Clippers are black.

At the end of all this, it won't change anything about the man. He will still think and feel the same way he already does.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
BERT
I love tube socks

I think the funny thing is that his gf is half black and yet he didn't want her bringing black guys to the games lol
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote