Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #31
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Did you really just try to take credit for wrecking a Stang? lol.
no lol just saying
You sunnuvabeech. I was rowing gears and going fast when you were still trying to figure out how to use the brake handle on your Big Wheel bike. lol.

I haven't had a single problem shifting my car at all. If I did, I would ditch the stock shifter with a quickness. We have a MGW in the Mach and it's a great piece of equiptment. I just don't feel the stock shifter in the Coyote warrants the very HIGH cost of the MGW. And as you said, this could vary from car to car. Thankfully I didn't get one of the junky ones.

Now, with some more miles on it, that could change I suppose. But not anytime soon.
have you seen the stock bushing? maybe its bc you dont drive yours everyday

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
DirtyD

Why am I a sunnavabeech? I didn't call you out for anything.

But for the record, big wheels don't work in the country. Bigfoot power wheels and 230cc ATVs is what I grew up on. and my bike. Lol

Just wait until you put that booooooost to use. Then you will think otherwise about upgrading.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #33
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Lol. I suspect you need some seat time and practice. Its second..straight down. Lol. Make sure you are sitting in a proper position and using the palm of your hand rather than your fingers. The seat should be close enough that when you straighten your leg its flat on the floor and an upright position.
I'm with you Steve I can see third but second come on
I hit 2nd with ease with my 24 year old stock transmission with 200 more horsepower then it's supposed take so I know you guys can do it.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
no lol just saying

have you seen the stock bushing? maybe its bc you dont drive yours everyday
I drive my car almost everyday except bad weather days.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #35
downtime!

11.6x's and still rocking the stock shifter. Just sayin.........
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
pohnjarker

i picked up a Hurst shifter for a great deal, i'll be putting that in within a couple weeks. love the way it looks and from what ive read, it'll perform! i dont think you can go wrong with either the barton or mgw, they are both fine pieces of equipment.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

By the way, if you have never read Ranger's write on on driving technique on the Corvette forum, I HIGHLY suggest reading it. It will have an immediate effect on your technique and help you drop ET's like crazy.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #38
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Steve next time you are near my car come sit in it and row through the gears and you tell me your stock shifter is better then my MGW shifter.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Steve next time you are near my car come sit in it and row through the gears and you tell me your stock shifter is better then my MGW shifter.
I didn't say the stock shifter was better. I said that the stock shifter isn't that bad to warrant spending $300+ and having to listen to vibration/rattling noises from being a solid piece. I have an MGW shifter in the Mach, it's a great shifter, no question about it. The stock one in the Mach was garbage and needed to be replaced. I don't feel that way about the one in the 5.0.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #40
downtime!

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
i picked up a Hurst shifter for a great deal, i'll be putting that in within a couple weeks. love the way it looks and from what ive read, it'll perform! i dont think you can go wrong with either the barton or mgw, they are both fine pieces of equipment.
No more push down reverse lockout and an LED to let you know you're in reverse? I'll pass. Plus, I've never owned a Hurst that wasn't painfully noisy.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #41
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
No more push down reverse lockout and an LED to let you know you're in reverse? I'll pass. Plus, I've never owned a Hurst that wasn't painfully noisy.
My Hurst in my 07 was perfect but for the reason you stated I didn't go with that in my 12, with my luck I would accidentally back into a cop after a beer or 2.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #42
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I didn't say the stock shifter was better. I said that the stock shifter isn't that bad to warrant spending $300+ and having to listen to vibration/rattling noises from being a solid piece. I have an MGW shifter in the Mach, it's a great shifter, no question about it. The stock one in the Mach was garbage and needed to be replaced. I don't feel that way about the one in the 5.0.
Hey I've had a lot of mustangs just like you. And I thought the stock shifter in my GT now was great. But then I read about how people loved the difference between the MGW and the stock. And once I did mine it was night and day difference and one of my favorite mod I've done to this car. You'll love it if you do switch shifters.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #43
OG Fox
Supporting Member

MGW FTMFW. seriously its a complete housing not just the top portion and it feels so good.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #44
downtime!

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
My Hurst in my 07 was perfect but for the reason you stated I didn't go with that in my 12, with my luck I would accidentally back into a cop after a beer or 2.
Even with the noise isolators in place in my '05, the Hurst was too noisy. The one in my '03 was the worst rattling POS I've ever had the displeasure of owning. MGW is the only aftermarket shifter I've ever installed that I was completely happy with. I've driven a new 5.0 with one and I can say it is a damn good shifter, the only reason I haven't replaced this one yet is that I don't have any issues with the stocker.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #45
pohnjarker

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
you can tighen up the reverse lockout preload to make it much easier to not go into reverse accidently.
if i dont like it, im sure i can sell it what i paid for it so im not worried.