Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #61
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Ignorance is not a legit excuse. You are required by law to keep yourself informed on any laws if you are a licensed driver in the state of Texas. Do people do their due diligence to stay informed, no. But it's not the states responsibility to make sure you are doing what you agreed to when you signed an application for your DL. It's personal accountibilty that you are trying to push off on the state. It's the law, suck it up. If you don't want to be stopped, put your front plate on. If you don't want to run the front plate, don't but then accept the responsibility of your actions. I don't have a plate on the front of the Mach. If I get stopped for it it's my own fault.

Lastly, police officers are not law makers, just enforcers. If you have an issue with the front plate law, write the state. The guy in blue is just doing his job.
I guess you missed the part where I said I understand BOTH Ryan and Derek's perspective.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #62
five.slow

wish having a plate in the windshield was good enough.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #63
DirtyD

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
wish having a plate in the windshield was good enough.
Safety hazard.

And for the record, I never saw the response I got from my comment.

Ryan is obsessed with my dog, apparently.

Didn't know that Plano PD hosted Cars and Coffee either.

It took over two months for me to be stopped for no front plate on my car. And it was a state trooper that did so. Just for a warning. So if city police cared to waste their time on that, I would've gotten pulled over a long time ago.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #64
five.slow

safety hazard?? LOL id rather make a winshield banner with my licence plate number on it than put a plate on the front of my car. wouldnt be so bad if the plate looked like it belonged on the car but they dont.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #65
DirtyD

safety hazard?? LOL id rather make a winshield banner with my licence plate number on it than put a plate on the front of my car. wouldnt be so bad if the plate looked like it belonged on the car but they dont.
You get in a wreck, thin piece of metal becomes a flying guillotine.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #66
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
You get in a wreck, thin piece of metal becomes a flying guillotine.
so does a coffee cup or phone. use to have a 95 trans am that i kept the license in the winshield with some suction cups.

not trying to justify the safety part or argue it but damn i hate front license plates. i understand the law and why but blaaaa. i never argue with law enforcement or talk shit about them but hopefully they have better things to give me tickets for. iv calmed down a lot since my earlier days so i guess the only excuse they will have no is i dont have a front license plate. "hi osifer, how can i help yous?" "sir have you been drinking?" "sure why not" "please step out of the vehicle sir" "naw you get in im too drunk to stand, here let me get these cans out of your way" lol
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #67
Courtesy Flush

Some of you guys get so worked up over this front plate thing.
There is plenty of mounting options out there that prevent the need for drilling holes.
You know the rules for plates, why complain about it if you get cited.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #68
DirtyD

so does a coffee cup or phone. use to have a 95 trans am that i kept the license in the winshield with some suction cups.

not trying to justify the safety part or argue it but damn i hate front license plates. i understand the law and why but blaaaa. i never argue with law enforcement or talk shit about them but hopefully they have better things to give me tickets for. iv calmed down a lot since my earlier days so i guess the only excuse they will have no is i dont have a front license plate. "hi osifer, how can i help yous?" "sir have you been drinking?" "sure why not" "please step out of the vehicle sir" "naw you get in im too drunk to stand, here let me get these cans out of your way" lol
I was just stating verbatim what the Texas DPS officer told me when he stopped me for the same thing. LOL
Old 11-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #69
five.slow

like i said i wont argue with them. no reason to be on youtube getting my face beat in by a cop i pissed off lol. could be worse. in cali they let bikes cut lanes and iv almost hit 4 different bikes in the past year.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #70
White lightning

I've gotten warning tickets and that's it
Eibach Sportlines
Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates
Whiteline lower control arms with relocation brackets
Whiteline upper control arms
Whiteline panhard bar
Boss 5.0 intake manifold
Steeda CAI
Bama Tune