Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Zeek

Default Gas Monkey Bar n Grill

Anyone been there yet? There's 3 reviews on Google and its not looking great so far.
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Bearded Banger

I think Nic is trying to plan a gtg there Sunday. I'll go and form my own opinion. Especially since its so new any they are trying to work the kinks out.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
DirtyD

It's probably people that watch the show and expect it to be some ho-hum family friendly environment. Well, hello, that's not going to happen. It's Fast 'N Loud! The way a gearhead bar should be!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
DirtyD

This Google Review is awesome.

"The drinks were great but the french fries were horrible. They taste like Arron Kaufman used motor oil for the cooking oil, which probably means that there is a hot-rod somewhere around here that smells like french fries cooking. I asked to speak with the owner because of the bad food so Ricard came over and gave me the big F-U. I also asked him why it took so long to get what i ordered and he told me "I'm not Sue, I don't work on deadlines." "Monkey, you kway-see." Then, i gave him my debit card to settle the bill and he told me that "Gas Monkey only deals in cash." Awesome show guys....... and Hot lady!!!"
Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
rriddle3

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
It's probably people that watch the show and expect it to be some ho-hum family friendly environment. Well, hello, that's not going to happen. It's Fast 'N Loud! The way a gearhead bar should be!
Do you mean a customer should want to pay for poor service, bad food, and being insulted by the owner? I guess I'm not a gearhead, then. Richard should stay out of the operations and let the general manager he hired handle the restaurant.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
DirtyD

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
Do you mean a customer should want to pay for poor service, bad food, and being insulted by the owner? I guess I'm not a gearhead, then. Richard should stay out of the operations and let the general manager he hired handle the restaurant.
I think that review I posted was a trol review. It had a 5 star rating tagged with it. Some guy just decided to have a little fun.

I agree that Richard should probably act a little more humble if he plans to show up, and not get belligerently drunk, because that definitely could hurt the business, and potentially the show.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
GunsUp

Bet they end up giving away a car from the show through a raffle or something to draw in huge crowds.

Any drink specials when the show is on?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I think that review I posted was a trol review. It had a 5 star rating tagged with it. Some guy just decided to have a little fun.

I agree that Richard should probably act a little more humble if he plans to show up, and not get belligerently drunk, because that definitely could hurt the business, and potentially the show.
I can honestly say IF he went drunk and did his dance, I'd show up. That shit cracks me up.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
brembo12

the show is just ok.....nothing special.....flash in the pan just like Pinks....my .02 no hot girls........no guys will show up for long
Old 09-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #10
moostang09

I'm going Sunday for dinner unless others were going earlier? What's the plan Stan?
Old 09-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #11
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Anyone been there yet? There's 3 reviews on Google and its not looking great so far.
its called a soft opening for a reason. they are getting all the bugs out. wait until the grand opening.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's a rehashed Twin Peaks. Rawlings only owns 10% of the business. Every person I've talked to so far who has been there said it's mediocre at best and overpriced. Another tourist trap really.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #13
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
It's a rehashed Twin Peaks. Rawlings only owns 10% of the business. Every person I've talked to so far who has been there said it's mediocre at best and overpriced. Another tourist trap really.
They are simply playing off of the Fast 'N Loud success. It won't last long.