Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:10 AM   #1
38treehugger

Default Major Problems.

I dropped my car off for a Evap leak at the ford dealer last Monday. Just a disclaimer ,I blame no one at the dealer for the diagnosis or repair delay. Anyways I had the fuel filler neck replaced about a year ago for a previous Evap leak. So I bring it in and they smoke the system and pressurize it as well and no leak. They get on the phone with the Ford Hotline and they say it could be the Fuel pressure sensor as well as the Charcoal canister. So they replace those and I still have a problem. They get back on the hot line and the hotline says it could be a broken wire to the ECU. So they start to jump wires still no resolution. Next step is to have a Engineer come out and look at the car. They think it could be the ECU/PCM causing this problem. Has anyone here run into something like this? The car is relatively stock minus a full suspension , no tune.
38treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote