Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #61
merlinmol

It was funny reading this whole thread. I understand that a lot of people here only like Ford's, however, it's sad to put down another car manufaturer based on opinions.

I saw someone say something about GM owing the taxpayer's money. Last time I checked they have already paid back the money they borrowed. Also, don't go saying as if Ford never needed to borrow money because they did too, a couple years before GM and Chrysler. Everyone was hurting back then.

I also saw comments about needing more power to win. You cannot compare power alone to see which is the obvious faster car. Power to weight ratio makes that difference. By now I'd think that everyone knows the Camaro is going to be the heavier car until they re-design the chassis/suspension (which was borrowed from another car to get the Camaro going)

As for the R compound tires. How many people here drive on R compound? Quite a bite the last time I checked. Also if it they were track only tires it wouldn't be allowed on the street which I am pretty sure the z28 is.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post

But I will say that I don't think GM can have enough damn models of the Camaro out! Holy shit there are so many!

Base, RS, SS, 1LE, ZL1, Z/28
I do love this one the best though. Last time I checked Mustang had the same number of models. When you went to price one out you have a V6 base, V6 Premium, GT Base, GT Premium, Boss, and GT500. That also doesn't include Roush and Saleen that you buy from the dealers. Those are unlisted vehicles that you can order direct from Ford. I understand that most of those are the same car with different options. But Ford sells them as different models'. You also cannot include 1LE as a model as it is an option on the SS. Just like the Track Pack or Recaro's are. One other way to look at it then is the RS = V6, SS = GT, ZL1 = GT500, Z/28 = Boss. So where are all of these extra models?
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #62
DirtyD

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
I do love this one the best though. Last time I checked Mustang had the same number of models. When you went to price one out you have a V6 base, V6 Premium, GT Base, GT Premium, Boss, and GT500. That also doesn't include Roush and Saleen that you buy from the dealers. Those are unlisted vehicles that you can order direct from Ford. I understand that most of those are the same car with different options. But Ford sells them as different models'. You also cannot include 1LE as a model as it is an option on the SS. Just like the Track Pack or Recaro's are. One other way to look at it then is the RS = V6, SS = GT, ZL1 = GT500, Z/28 = Boss. So where are all of these extra models?
You do have me on that. I guess what I was saying those is that all of those "model" are actually badged on the cars. Mustangs are badged as a V6, GT, Boss, or GT500. You don't see someone running around with "V6 premium" on their car, or "400A Package", etc. That's what I was getting at.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #63
merlinmol

It's a different way. I do like Ford's way a little better. GM gives you everything with few options which makes the cost start high. Ford allows you to get as basic as you want and option it out. The only thing I don't like with Ford is the things they wont let you get unless you buy a Premium. For example. I was very mad that I paid 2500 for the track pack but I cannot get the track apps unless I pay another 4000 for a premium. To me that is bullshit. There are some other options that don't make sense that you can only get with a premium.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #64
re-rx7
Banned

I saw someone say something about GM owing the taxpayer's money. Last time I checked they have already paid back the money they borrowed. ?
Stock is worth crap. Still owe us about 15 billion

Last edited by re-rx7; 10-22-2013 at 04:43 PM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #65
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Chevy sucks. So y'all can EABOD.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #66
DirtyD

It's a different way. I do like Ford's way a little better. GM gives you everything with few options which makes the cost start high. Ford allows you to get as basic as you want and option it out. The only thing I don't like with Ford is the things they wont let you get unless you buy a Premium. For example. I was very mad that I paid 2500 for the track pack but I cannot get the track apps unless I pay another 4000 for a premium. To me that is bullshit. There are some other options that don't make sense that you can only get with a premium.
Agreed. I think that Track Apps should have been an option for base GT cars. I would have gladly paid another $1,200 to get that in my base car, because I know everything is already there for me to use it, just need the gauge cluster.

Leave the leather seats and the nav unit for the premium people.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #67
blownaltered
I have a small penis

It was funny reading this whole thread. I understand that a lot of people here only like Ford's, however, it's sad to put down another car manufaturer based on opinions.

I saw someone say something about GM owing the taxpayer's money. Last time I checked they have already paid back the money they borrowed. Also, don't go saying as if Ford never needed to borrow money because they did too, a couple years before GM and Chrysler. Everyone was hurting back then.

The government still has billions of dollars worth of Chevy stock that was part of the government bail out. Chevy is trying to force the government to sell it at a loss of billions. So yes they do owe us money and the stock we are selling is at a loss that we will never get back. Its good Obama accounting.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #68
Dominic Toretto

You know the Z/28 is a great car when people have to scrape for excuses like this to not like it. I've never been to a GM board meeting but, I do assume that a Camaro was not one of the board members.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #69
re-rx7
Banned

I love when Gm/lsx lovers come on here. LOL its a great car for now. A few years from now i will be something else. Great track car but since i dont track that often, I would spend my money on a shelby and drag Z28 ass errwhere.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #70
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I love when Gm/lsx lovers come on here.
What's wrong with liking cars from other manufacturers? So far as I have seen, no one is bothered by you liking imports but, this is a Ford forum.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #71
DirtyD

Never said it wasn't a great car. It's doing what it was built to do, and that's tear the track up. But it's all in retrospect as to what exactly GM is trying to accomplish with this car.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #72
merlinmol

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
The government still has billions of dollars worth of Chevy stock that was part of the government bail out. Chevy is trying to force the government to sell it at a loss of billions. So yes they do owe us money and the stock we are selling is at a loss that we will never get back. Its good Obama accounting.
Ok, I stand corrected. There is still 15+ billion in stock that hasn't been sold that wont be 100% recovered. However, I found this article talking about how much would be lost if there wasn't a bailout due to job lost and it actually makes sense, provided it is fairly accurate of course. http://wardsauto.com/blog/dear-taxpa...epaid-interest
Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #73
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Dom, just let the thread roll. I rather read this bailout stuff rather than yet another thread of you and RX7 butting heads about everything under the sun.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #74
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Dom, just let the thread roll. I rather read this bailout stuff rather than yet another thread of you and RX7 butting heads about everything under the sun.
You do realize the other thread was created so that people that want to discuss the bailout can have their own thread so you would NOT have to see it in this thread right?

This reminds me of being in pre-K and seeing the children trying to force a square shape into a triangle opening. We have an Off Topic section and an Other Cars section but oddly enough discussing GMs bailout is appropriate in a the Other Cars section in a thread about a Camaro. Very interesting.

-Alex

Last edited by Dominic Toretto; 10-22-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #75
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
You do realize the other thread was created so that people that want to discuss the bailout can have their own thread so you would NOT have to see it in this thread right?

This reminds me of being in pre-K and seeing the children trying to force a square shape into a triangle opening. We have an Off Topic section and an Other Cars section but oddly enough discussing GMs bailout is appropriate in a the Other Cars section in a thread about a Camaro. Very interesting.

-Alex
It's better than reading you and RX7 arguing about anything.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote