Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #241
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Lol. Bert and Blownaltered are both friends of mine. I promise you that Bert's feelings were not harmed in any manner.

Donnie= blownaltered. Close personal friend. I was there was his kids were born if that tells you anything. Lol
Oh okay well that changes the matter. Didn't realize you and Bert were cool like that, so I apologize.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Wow that escalated quickly. Dominic you need to chill the fuck out man. Steve and I are close personal friends that communicate off these boards on almost a daily basis. Most of the banter we have if for our own entertainment. As for you jumping all over Steve I would love to see you jump on the mat with him. Steve will tell you I am stronger in weight lifting than him and he schools me on the mats. There are different types of goals. Steve doesn't want to be big and ripped. He just wants to lose his weight and feel better.
I'm chilled out now. As far as mats, I don't know what that is.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #242
Dominic Toretto

On the other note, those large over muscled bodybuilders dont do well in my sport. Those supersized muscles require WAY too much oxygen in order to be usable for length of reasonable time. I have rolled with those types many, many times and they always gas out. Its their instinct to power everything and that doesnt work. If you would like to give it a try thinking you could do well and could hang with an old fat guy like myself you can consider yourself having an open invitation. You would quickly see there is a big difference in training for muscle strength and endurance and why i say your points dont apply to me or my training.
I'm down when I have some free time. I probably won't do as well as you, since that is your niche. Which is why I don't do crossfit but, I'll give it a shot when I have a Thursday free with my bestie. What is mats anyway?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #243
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Mats are cushioned floor mats that we train on in BJJ. Rolling around on wood or concrete doesn't feel to good. That's only done when you aren't given a choice. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 AM   #244
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Mats are cushioned floor mats that we train on in BJJ. Rolling around on wood or concrete doesn't feel to good. That's only done when you aren't given a choice. lol
Let me know when so I can be entertained. The funny thing is Steve is one of the most gentle guys to newbies in the bjj gym. But if you cross him he will make you pay. If your lucky he will even bless you!
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #245
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Lmao!! The Benny Hinn cracks me up, what can i say. Hahaha
Old 02-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #246
Dominic Toretto

What is bjj. Jiu Jitsu of some form?

-Alex

Old 02-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #247
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
What is bjj. Jiu Jitsu of some form?

-Alex
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is what BJJ stands for. Specifically trained in the Gracie lineage. I trained with Steve for years and can tell you now, it will be a very humbling experience for you. People that don't train and never have, really have no idea what a trained BJJ fighter can do to you. Imagine play wrestling with a 3 year old at your size and age. That is what its like for somebody that is trained to roll with someone who has never done it. Its like throwing around a baby. I know that sound cocky but that is what it feels like, I have done that to many new people. Now I'm so out of practice I will probably lose to people that have only been in it for a little while but a new guy will get triangle choked.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #248
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by slowgreygt View Post
lol. Bert and blownaltered are both friends of mine. i promise you that bert's feelings were not harmed in any manner.

donnie= blownaltered. Close personal friend. I was there was his kids were born if that tells you anything. Lol

you fucking bastard!!!!!!!!! I'm going home!!
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #249
BERT
I love tube socks

Awww, the widdle widdle carnivore has an owie. Guess all that "real" protein didn't build all that supporting muscle for you after all.

You could have worked legs or done some kind of cardio, slacker!

I don't "has" an owie, I "had" an owie. Get it right, Steve. And it was cause by me being the idiot I am lol
Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #250
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
I don't "has" an owie, I "had" an owie. Get it right, Steve. And it was cause by me being the idiot I am lol
Dare I ask how you injured yourself?

-side note. Send me a text. I got a new phone and your number didn't transfer at the store.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #251
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is what BJJ stands for. Specifically trained in the Gracie lineage. I trained with Steve for years and can tell you now, it will be a very humbling experience for you. People that don't train and never have, really have no idea what a trained BJJ fighter can do to you. Imagine play wrestling with a 3 year old at your size and age. That is what its like for somebody that is trained to roll with someone who has never done it. Its like throwing around a baby. I know that sound cocky but that is what it feels like, I have done that to many new people. Now I'm so out of practice I will probably lose to people that have only been in it for a little while but a new guy will get triangle choked.
I'm sure it would be.

This may sound like a stupid question but, I remember someone from a previous job saying that his hands had to be registered as weapons or something because he was a black belt in Karate or some martial arts. Is that true that you know of?

-Alex

Old 02-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #252
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I'm sure it would be.

This may sound like a stupid question but, I remember someone from a previous job saying that his hands had to be registered as weapons or something because he was a black belt in Karate or some martial arts. Is that true that you know of?

-Alex

LMAO..no. Complete myth and bullshit.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #253
BERT
I love tube socks

Dare I ask how you injured yourself?

-side note. Send me a text. I got a new phone and your number didn't transfer at the store.

Not paying attention to my body and kept on working out heavy on incline using barbell and the smith machine. Now only do dumbbells for incline and it feels much much better
Old 02-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #254
BERT
I love tube socks

and I sent you a text, did you get it? Cause I just got a text from a damn 913 area code number. That's from Kansas City lmao
Old 02-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #255
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
and I sent you a text, did you get it? Cause I just got a text from a damn 913 area code number. That's from Kansas City lmao
Yep.