Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto

Default 2015 Mustang

So let me get this straight. Ford integrates the cats into the headers now, so you MUST buy longtubes if you want to get rid of the cats, power increase by onle 15hp and tq increase by only 10hp, it's uglier and weighs more as well? Thank God I have a S197.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Slow Five-O

Which is why orders right now are lower than what they thought they'd be.

Disappointing. I'll take a 2014 on the cheap add the 15's are coming out.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
STROKD
Old School

Lol Ford fails again, yet they will somehow make record sales again like they always do.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
So let me get this straight. Ford integrates the cats into the headers now, so you MUST buy longtubes if you want to get rid of the cats,
You would "have to" buy headers to ditch the cats, but now you can keep your stock down tubes. Doesn't that beat buying longtubes AND a mid-pipe?

power increase by onle 15hp and tq increase by only 10hp,
This is model changeover 101. Upgrade to a new platform and bring over slightly modified drivetrains. The big changes will come in a few years. Besides, this year they are heralding the introduction of EcoBoost in the Mustang so they don't want to take away from that with a high-power V8.
it's uglier and weighs more as well? Thank God I have a S197.
Styling is subjective but I think that car will really appeal to people in their mid-late 20s that are getting their first good job and coming out of the tuner scene. You know - the people that most of us were ten years ago.

For the record, I'm keeping my '12 GT. But if something happens to it, I'll be eyeing the new Mustang for sure. I'll also be eyeing C6Zs, lmao.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
DirtyD

Hey now, I am just now mid to late-20s...but I will admit I was in ther tuner scene when I was 15...playing Playstation and Need for Speed.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
For the record, I'm keeping my '12 GT. But if something happens to it, I'll be eyeing the new Mustang for sure. I'll also be eyeing C6Zs, lmao.
Anyone who picks a Mustang over a C6Z for a toy/hot rod needs their head examined. And if a fast car with more than two seats are needed, there is better options out there for going faster for the same money.

Now if someone is a diehard Mustang guy, it's understandable if one is interested in the 15's. Personally, I just can't wrap my head around dropping $40k on a 420hp N/A Stang with a questionable motor in it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Anyone who picks a Mustang over a C6Z for a toy/hot rod needs their head examined. And if a fast car with more than two seats are needed, there is better options out there for going faster for the same money.
News flash, not everyone wants to be fastest, or wants to live with a 5-10yr old hot rod that's been beaten on its whole life.

There is something to be said for having a nice car with modern styling and features that is fairly fast and still brand new.

If that doesn't flip your skirt, that's fine, Ford has made a car that a lot of people want.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

News flash, not everyone wants to be fastest, or wants to live with a 5-10yr old hot rod that's been beaten on its whole life.

There is something to be said for having a nice car with modern styling and features that is fairly fast and still brand new.

If that doesn't flip your skirt, that's fine, Ford has made a car that a lot of people want.
As I said in my previous statement, I was referring to the people buying them as a toy and/or hot rod who have an interest in having a fast, fun street car. I wasn't referring to people like you who are okay with slow stock power to cruise around town. (Which btw ate a motor under stock power/tune) I wasn't referring to the people who just are looking to buy a new car.

Your oldest C6Z is nine years old at this point with the 15's coming out. For $40k, you can buy a 08-10 C6Z that has been very pampered.

There is a number of other cars that can be purchased as well for $40k that would be in great condition if you shop well. Supra, CTS-V, GS Vette, GenII/III Viper, Pre-13 GT500, older 911's etc. Tons of nice cars can be had out there at that price point. Not everyone beats the snot out of their cars. I'd be willing to bet our 03 Mach is as nice, if not nicer than your 12 GT since you drive it every day in all weather and beat on it hard.

I agree with you, Ford has built a Mustang a lot of people will want. Diehards will certainly love the car. If someone who is looking for a NEW car, as a fun sporty commuter, the Mustang will be a decent pick, though an expensive one for what you are getting. You even said yourself you were eye'n a C6Z admitting it's a great bang for the buck. It's a great time to be a car guy SO many options out there.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
46Tbird

Such passive aggression! LMAO!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
blownaltered
I have a small penis

As I said in my previous statement, I was referring to the people buying them as a toy and/or hot rod who have an interest in having a fast, fun street car. I wasn't referring to people like you who are okay with slow stock power to cruise around town. (Which btw ate a motor under stock power/tune) I wasn't referring to the people who just are looking to buy a new car.

Your oldest C6Z is nine years old at this point with the 15's coming out. For $40k, you can buy a 08-10 C6Z that has been very pampered.

There is a number of other cars that can be purchased as well for $40k that would be in great condition if you shop well. Supra, CTS-V, GS Vette, GenII/III Viper, Pre-13 GT500, older 911's etc. Tons of nice cars can be had out there at that price point. Not everyone beats the snot out of their cars. I'd be willing to bet our 03 Mach is as nice, if not nicer than your 12 GT since you drive it every day in all weather and beat on it hard.

I agree with you, Ford has built a Mustang a lot of people will want. Diehards will certainly love the car. If someone who is looking for a NEW car, as a fun sporty commuter, the Mustang will be a decent pick, though an expensive one for what you are getting. You even said yourself you were eye'n a C6Z admitting it's a great bang for the buck. It's a great time to be a car guy SO many options out there.
I can't argue with this logic. I like the new mustang but my next toy will be either a vette or a viper. I have a couple years to think about it so I will decide then. Granted this is something I would buy just for a toy, not to drive everyday. That being said if I was buying a car for a daily it would be a CTS-V, after riding in Steve's car that is what I would buy.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Such passive aggression! LMAO!
Not at all. Just a discussion, but you can read into it any way you like. /shrug.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I can't argue with this logic. I like the new mustang but my next toy will be either a vette or a viper. I have a couple years to think about it so I will decide then. Granted this is something I would buy just for a toy, not to drive everyday. That being said if I was buying a car for a daily it would be a CTS-V, after riding in Steve's car that is what I would buy.
You should ride in it now.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #13
blownaltered
I have a small penis

You should ride in it now.
one of these days
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
46Tbird

Not at all. Just a discussion, but you can read into it any way you like. /shrug.

--

I wasn't referring to people like you who are okay with slow stock power to cruise around town. (Which btw ate a motor under stock power/tune)
--
Not everyone beats the snot out of their cars. I'd be willing to bet our 03 Mach is as nice, if not nicer than your 12 GT since you drive it every day in all weather and beat on it hard.
--
Yeah, it's me reading into it, LMFAO! You got issues dude. I bet my 59k mile beater is at least as clean as that godawful dust collector in your garage.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You must be bored, Danny. Trolling over this? lol.