Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #46
Crimson600+HP

Truth in the turnbuckles. Placement like that is difficult unless you are willing to drill through bumpers to achieve optimal angles. Where they are at now though is really sold as they are connected to my tow point bracket/frame. These things don't move at all and I can still adjust the length on them.

Everyone gives me compliments on the wheels, not bad for spray paint and $200 GT500 take-offs. I don't have a picture, but the dust is pretty bad on my wheels. Almost black on some of the areas. Can't avoid it once you go with these aggressive pads on the track. Just part of the game I guess.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #47
Crimson600+HP

Well, on the 50th Anniversary I got my Boss 302S grille in from a track buddy. He told me it was pretty much new and that I could have it for $200. As long as it wasn't damaged, i was fine with it. As I cut the factory plastic off I realized that this thing is brand spanking new, so it was a hell of a deal. Hopefully this will help with improve the airflow to that radiator!

Before:

After:

If somebody needs or wants my original grille or fog lights, let me know. I will let them go for cheap.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #48
my95z28

Looks great! So much better without the red pony in the middle.
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #49
DirtyD

That looks great!!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #50
PCB

I like the silver in the lower valence. What is it?
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #51
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Looks great! So much better without the red pony in the middle.
I actually liked the red pony, especially on the track where it would stick out from the rest if the Muatang pack (either chrome stock or the oh-so-common blacked out pony.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That looks great!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
I like the silver in the lower valence. What is it?
JLT Brake Duct kit. Outside of making one yourself, they are the cheapest on the market.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 05-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #52
Crimson600+HP

Radiator finally installed, leaving a little chrome now under the hood. Forced me to change some things under the hood, but everything seems to be working right. Also got my Peterson catch can installed.

Will get some pictures tomorrow, especially if I make the dyno run.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 05-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #53
Crimson600+HP

So, made two sessions of TWS before the car called it quits. The first time, the stability control kept getting in the way as I thought I turned it off but it was partially on. Wasn't able to test the cooling capabilities as I was only able to go about 60% as high speed cornering is not fun with nannies on.

The second run I was able to go all out, improving my fastest lap time at TWS to a 2:07. Downside, still overheating and went into limp mode at the 20 minute point. Came back into the pits and car was running real rich. Reflashed the computer and then through another general misfire code, along with cylinders 6 & 8. Last time this happened it was the crankshaft position sensor needing to be reset. Vehicle runs like shit during that time so I wasn't risking it.

So, besides lighting a pile of money on fire, I think this idea of a supercharged road race car is a failure. I believe it is possible with the right funding, but I don't have that money. So instead of throwing more at it, I am going to remove the ProCharger. It's a great kit, great power, and performed well on the street and strip. Heck, with the larger radiator my internal temps were amazing. However, keeping an engine above 5000 rpm with a blower on it for 20+ minutes is actually slowing me down from progressing.

Future plans now. Staying naturally aspirated, going with a Cobra Jet manifold, switching from 3.31's to a 3.73 rear end, going to run E85, and probably going to an OR X pipe. That way I can still have a leg up on stock-ish 5.0s, but still be able to keep internal temps on over time. So if y'all are interested in a P1SC Stage 2 tuner kit with about 4000 miles on the track and street (I have an extra SCT tuner that isn't married), let me know. It's still on the car, but I maybe willing to let it go to a member for a better price.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 05-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #54
BV600

I want to try that quiet bypass valve atleast once lol. Plus side is HEB E85 is still testing higher, E90 yesterday
Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #55
donutninja

Are you still running the stock fan?
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #56
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
So, made two sessions of TWS before the car called it quits. The first time, the stability control kept getting in the way as I thought I turned it off but it was partially on. Wasn't able to test the cooling capabilities as I was only able to go about 60% as high speed cornering is not fun with nannies on.

The second run I was able to go all out, improving my fastest lap time at TWS to a 2:07. Downside, still overheating and went into limp mode at the 20 minute point. Came back into the pits and car was running real rich. Reflashed the computer and then through another general misfire code, along with cylinders 6 & 8. Last time this happened it was the crankshaft position sensor needing to be reset. Vehicle runs like shit during that time so I wasn't risking it.

So, besides lighting a pile of money on fire, I think this idea of a supercharged road race car is a failure. I believe it is possible with the right funding, but I don't have that money. So instead of throwing more at it, I am going to remove the ProCharger. It's a great kit, great power, and performed well on the street and strip. Heck, with the larger radiator my internal temps were amazing. However, keeping an engine above 5000 rpm with a blower on it for 20+ minutes is actually slowing me down from progressing.

Future plans now. Staying naturally aspirated, going with a Cobra Jet manifold, switching from 3.31's to a 3.73 rear end, going to run E85, and probably going to an OR X pipe. That way I can still have a leg up on stock-ish 5.0s, but still be able to keep internal temps on over time. So if y'all are interested in a P1SC Stage 2 tuner kit with about 4000 miles on the track and street (I have an extra SCT tuner that isn't married), let me know. It's still on the car, but I maybe willing to let it go to a member for a better price.
I don't know what to say, sucks to ditch the big power, but kind of confirms I'm on the right path. My only engine mod is a K&N filter and axlebacks. LOL.
I was curious where you were headed as the big power would seem to put even more strain on the brakes and tires and the rest of the drivetrain.

IF I ever go hardcore, it will be to take weight out of the car and stay with mild(reliable) engine. Low weight just can't be overstated. Coyote in a light car would rock, e.g. a boss crate motor in something sub 3K lbs would be a killer combo.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #57
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
Are you still running the stock fan?
I could get a better fan, but I have lost faith in cheaper modifications that will help this issue. The car is completely fine on the street or strip even before I change things in effort of cooling. But in my opinion it won't be worth the money.

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
I don't know what to say, sucks to ditch the big power, but kind of confirms I'm on the right path. My only engine mod is a K&N filter and axlebacks. LOL.
I was curious where you were headed as the big power would seem to put even more strain on the brakes and tires and the rest of the drivetrain.

IF I ever go hardcore, it will be to take weight out of the car and stay with mild(reliable) engine. Low weight just can't be overstated. Coyote in a light car would rock, e.g. a boss crate motor in something sub 3K lbs would be a killer combo.
I think big power can be had with these cars and survive the track. I am just nit willing to throw the $$$ at it in order to make it happen. If I were to go SC over again, I would try a VMP kit as they built it for open lapping so maybe it would perform better. But after experiencing it, I will cut my loses and go with what will work...not what may work.

I am not bitter about my decision, I tried it and loved this procharger. Heck, I wish I was a drag racer or a "show queen car" as this kit would be perfect for those applications. But for open lapping, it just isn't working for me. For the NA setup I am going for, 450 RWHP is definately doable.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 06-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #58
Crimson600+HP

So, made the decision today for sure to go natural aspirated again. Ordered from Tasca Parts, Cobra Jet Intake, FRPP Cobra Jet CAI, 3.73 Geara, and 2013 Stock GT500 Twin 60mm throttle body with associated install kits. Soon I will begin to start taking off the ProCharger which I will be looking to sell (minus the injectors) as basically a tuner kit. Shame I only put about 5k miles on the kit, but it just isn't going to work for the road course.

So, the build continues...just have to look for an off road H/X pipe for cheap.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 06-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #59
garner

I have a used lethal offroad h in the garage that I'm about to put up for sale
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #60
Crimson600+HP

Ah, I picked one up cheap yesterday getting shipped to me. I know you didn't like the sound, but you were running it without mufflers right?

I have a Borla S Types on my car currently, which I know this setup will be loud. Eventually once I get it all put together I will probably go to a cheaper GT500 muffler to quiet it down.
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7