Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #121
kdanner

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Or maybe the shop just can't tune big builds coyote. 1 out of 4 isn't a good stat.
What big build coyote have they ever done? Haven't seen anything even approaching it.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #122
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
What big build coyote have they ever done? Haven't seen anything even approaching it.
Kind of a grey area question, isn't? Wouldn't that depend on one's opinion on what a "big" build is? To one person doing a full build with a NA stroker could be a big build. To someone else, a big build would be a full 275/KOTH 3000hp car.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #123
62nalide

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
I'm down for any 1/8 mile runs
Im all motor but will line up
Anyone?
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #124
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

They have that boss with the turbo 400 and D1 that run mid 9's.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #125
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

What's your definition of a big coyote build?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #126
DR281

Wow!
There is definately two sides to every story!
Downtime, you were never put off or made to leave or avoided. It was the opposite. I jumped in your car as soon as you would arrive to try to find your complaints. Numerous times you drove the car and said it was good then later had an issue. I went for a ride with you and you said it was good and couldn't make the car act up.
I don't claim to be perfect or the only one capable of tuning a car. However if something is not right I will put in as much time is necesary to make it right. So to say you were avoided is a flat out lie.
There are no injectors designed for returnless or return so that's another lie. There are tons of boost a pumps that are wired up to run all the time with no issue. That does not cause a problem.
You knowingly bought used parts so don't make it seem like we put used parts on your car when you thought they were new.
I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted but you drove and raced the car across the country without issues.
If the other shop made it so perfect for you, why did you make it back to stock?
Again I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought or you weren't happy. However we would have done whatever necesary to make it right. No corners cut!

62nalide you are full of it!
Davids car has a problem and still does! A full bolt on coyote should not make 373rw on E-85.
We never tuned the car on E-85, so if you dynoed it with E-85 I'm sure it didn't perform correctly.
We tuned this car a long time ago and it only made 365rw. We told him something was not right. His answer was "I beat everyone".
Months later he decided to add longtubes. So we retuned it and it gained 0 hp. Still made 365rw. When we advised him that something was still not right. Now a full bolt on car with long tubes was making less then stock. When we said we needed to look further into it, he said he was going to sell it.
So with E-85 and this badass tune it made 373rw? Thats supposed to be good? Still less then stock? Wow!
It's no wonder it wasn't running good on E-85 with my 93 tune. However the badass tune was only 8rw over my 93 tune.
I spoke with Noah about this car and he said you are full of shit.
Unfortunately there are customers that are unhappy sometimes. However we will do everything in our power to try to make them happy. We have had deals were we lose money on jobs or bend over backwards to try to help someone. Sometimes people just choose to try something else.
DR281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #127
62nalide

Originally Posted by DR281 View Post
Wow!
There is definately two sides to every story!
Downtime, you were never put off or made to leave or avoided. It was the opposite. I jumped in your car as soon as you would arrive to try to find your complaints. Numerous times you drove the car and said it was good then later had an issue. I went for a ride with you and you said it was good and couldn't make the car act up.
I don't claim to be perfect or the only one capable of tuning a car. However if something is not right I will put in as much time is necesary to make it right. So to say you were avoided is a flat out lie.
There are no injectors designed for returnless or return so that's another lie. There are tons of boost a pumps that are wired up to run all the time with no issue. That does not cause a problem.
You knowingly bought used parts so don't make it seem like we put used parts on your car when you thought they were new.
I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted but you drove and raced the car across the country without issues.
If the other shop made it so perfect for you, why did you make it back to stock?
Again I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought or you weren't happy. However we would have done whatever necesary to make it right. No corners cut!

62nalide you are full of it!
Davids car has a problem and still does! A full bolt on coyote should not make 373rw on E-85.
We never tuned the car on E-85, so if you dynoed it with E-85 I'm sure it didn't perform correctly.
We tuned this car a long time ago and it only made 365rw. We told him something was not right. His answer was "I beat everyone".
Months later he decided to add longtubes. So we retuned it and it gained 0 hp. Still made 365rw. When we advised him that something was still not right. Now a full bolt on car with long tubes was making less then stock. When we said we needed to look further into it, he said he was going to sell it.
So with E-85 and this badass tune it made 373rw? Thats supposed to be good? Still less then stock? Wow!
It's no wonder it wasn't running good on E-85 with my 93 tune. However the badass tune was only 8rw over my 93 tune.
I spoke with Noah about this car and he said you are full of shit.
Unfortunately there are customers that are unhappy sometimes. However we will do everything in our power to try to make them happy. We have had deals were we lose money on jobs or bend over backwards to try to help someone. Sometimes people just choose to try something else.
Ok if I'm so full of shit why did it run faster and mph more than what was done at HPP? I'm going to have to call Noah and question future business with him. If he did I'm full of shit. I took screen shots of this for reference.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #128
kdanner

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
What's your definition of a big coyote build?

I'd say the whole car front to back. Brakes, suspension, axle, engine, trans, chassis. Not the cheap garden variety off the shelf shit you see everywhere.

The build is one thing, then the execution has to happen, it has to perform as it should. An example of which would be Holbrook. 7.90 with a stick and a 2.9 whipple, right off the trailer first time out.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #129
62nalide

And what was the response for not making power? You said transmission issues lol
Old 09-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #130
ShortBus

So many lolz in this thread.
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #131
DR281

That's classy threaten him to not do business with him over him not agreeing with the shit you spout online.
Yeah I did think there could be something wrong with the transmission or converter. Since he has a stock converter and it flashes like he has a loose stall.
What do you suppose is wrong since you know everything? Full bolt on coyote with long tubes on E-85 that makes less then my stock auto car made?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #132
62nalide

That's classy threaten him to not do business with him over him not agreeing with the shit you spout online.
Yeah I did think there could be something wrong with the transmission or converter. Since he has a stock converter and it flashes like he has a loose stall.
What do you suppose is wrong since you know everything? Full bolt on coyote with long tubes on E-85 that makes less then my stock auto car made?

If I do business with someone and says I'm full of shit I don't need to do business with them. Can you please explain why it made the power and ran what it did leaving HPP? Even though it made what it made it ran very good thos weekend. How is it that Noah picked up that hp and all that tq over your tune?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #133
DR281

It made what 8rw more than it made here? On E-85 instead of 93. To me thats no difference. You stated it was run on there dyno with E-85 on my tune. That would explain it not running right since I never got that far. I stopped when I realized there was still a problem. I didn't even finish tuning as I told the customer. I was more concerned with figuring out why it doesn't make the power it should.
Customer stated to me that the car ran great also when it was making 365rw the first time I tuned it. He also told me he beats everyone. That doesn't mean it's right.
Another example of how you can bend over to try to make something right but the customer just decides to go get another tune. Like that was the problem. Yet his car still make less than a stock car and now he is happy.

Last edited by DR281; 09-17-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #134
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It made what 8rw more than it made here? On E-85 instead of 93. To me thats no difference. You stated it was run on there dyno with E-85 on my tune. That would explain it not running right since I never got that far. I stopped when I realized there was still a problem. I didn't even finish tuning as I told the customer. I was more concerned with figuring out why it doesn't make the power it should.
Customer stated to me that the car ran great also when it was making 365rw the first time I tuned it. He also told me he beats everyone. That doesn't mean it's right.
Another example of how you can bend over to try to make something right but the customer just decides to go get another tune. Like that was the problem. Yet his car still make less than a stock car and now he is happy.
Could be the differences in the dynos and how they are set up as well. There is all kinds of variables something like that could be.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #135
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Could be the differences in the dynos and how they are set up as well. There is all kinds of variables something like that could be.
I'm pretty sure he would know that.