Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #136
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I'm pretty sure he would know that.
Of course he does. I wasn't correcting him, just adding to his comment more for those watching the conversation.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #137
Yagermeister

62nalide, regardless of who tuned your car and how the dyno was setup (both are dynojets so I can trust the configuration to a better degree than some other type of dyno), I fail to see why you don't think something is wrong with your car. ANY coyote with those mods auto or stick should be minimum 400 rwhp and probably around 420 depending on gears and transmission...maybe even 430. To be saying one tune is better than the other is pretty flawed IMHO when both tuners aren't working with a car that is functioning right. Post up a datalog of each dyno run with measured Afr both banks, spark advance 2, ltft both banks, stft both banks, rpm, vehicle speed, knock sensor, and lambse both banks along with full list of mods and conditions both dynos were run in and also what correction both dyno runs used (sae or std) and a bunch of us here can help you maybe figure out what is wrong with the car.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #138
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I have to say this shop bashing shit is old beyond belief. It's like it's starting all over again. For the younger guys you don't realize how real this shit can get. This is how these guys make a living. Steve can tell you how bad things got when Gearheads and HPP were going at it. I was there at the track when both shop and customers had to be separated by the cops. This does build major bad blood. That's why I don't shop bash anymore. I take the unanimous everybody does it and everybody fucks up. For 2 reasons, they do and they do. Nobody or shop is perfect. Does every shop have more than one car that has given them a black eye, yes. None of them can deny it. That's why the nut swinging cracks me up. If you like a shop and want to refer them then do so but you don't have to come into a thread and bash the shit out somebody. As a matter of fact I know it has been almost a decade since that shit happened between Gearheads and HPP but I honestly would like to apologize to Manny for my behavior back then. I was young at the time and just didn't know any better. I hope some of you take my advise and learn from past mistakes.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #139
62nalide

Originally Posted by DR281 View Post
It made what 8rw more than it made here? On E-85 instead of 93. To me thats no difference. You stated it was run on there dyno with E-85 on my tune. That would explain it not running right since I never got that far. I stopped when I realized there was still a problem. I didn't even finish tuning as I told the customer. I was more concerned with figuring out why it doesn't make the power it should.
Customer stated to me that the car ran great also when it was making 365rw the first time I tuned it. He also told me he beats everyone. That doesn't mean it's right.
Another example of how you can bend over to try to make something right but the customer just decides to go get another tune. Like that was the problem. Yet his car still make less than a stock car and now he is happy.
No, he gained 29rwhp 80rwtq.
So a stock 5.0 can run 7.70s with a 1.80 60ft? Maybe the numbers are not on yhe screen but track #s don't lie. Best it ever ran out of hpp was a 8.15
Only reason I speak is because the owner is a younger guy I grew up with. I sent him to you and to hear and see his car run got to me. That's when PMP came into play
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #140
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I have to say this shop bashing shit is old beyond belief. It's like it's starting all over again. For the younger guys you don't realize how real this shit can get. This is how these guys make a living. Steve can tell you how bad things got when Gearheads and HPP were going at it. I was there at the track when both shop and customers had to be separated by the cops. This does build major bad blood. That's why I don't shop bash anymore. I take the unanimous everybody does it and everybody fucks up. For 2 reasons, they do and they do. Nobody or shop is perfect. Does every shop have more than one car that has given them a black eye, yes. None of them can deny it. That's why the nut swinging cracks me up. If you like a shop and want to refer them then do so but you don't have to come into a thread and bash the shit out somebody. As a matter of fact I know it has been almost a decade since that shit happened between Gearheads and HPP but I honestly would like to apologize to Manny for my behavior back then. I was young at the time and just didn't know any better. I hope some of you take my advise and learn from past mistakes.
That's fine but I think the CUSTOMER who spent the money has the right to bash and complain about the shop and work that was done. It doesn't need to come down to a fight and all but shit still needs to be said.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #141
Yagermeister

62nalide, if he has the boltons you mentioned he doesn't have a stock 5.0.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #142
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Ok if I'm so full of shit why did it run faster and mph more than what was done at HPP? I'm going to have to call Noah and question future business with him. If he did I'm full of shit. I took screen shots of this for reference.
You act like all the shops in Dallas are at war and don't talk to each other. They damn near all talk to each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been at one shop and another shop will call to see if they had a part or a question about something.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #143
62nalide

You act like all the shops in Dallas are at war and don't talk to each other. They damn near all talk to each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been at one shop and another shop will call to see if they had a part or a question about something.
Dude I know how this works. I am not new to this.
Thanks though.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #144
62nalide

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
62nalide, if he has the boltons you mentioned he doesn't have a stock 5.0.
Yes I know, he mentioned it made less power than 5.0
So I mentioned if a stock 5.0 can hit 7.70s what we did.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #145
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
That's fine but I think the CUSTOMER who spent the money has the right to bash and complain about the shop and work that was done. It doesn't need to come down to a fight and all but shit still needs to be said.
Granted this is true to an extent. But when does that time expire. Do we have to hear the same fucking story for 10 years. I know I'm exaggerating but you get my point. Voice your opinion and then let it go. Trust me I could have a field day about Gearheads but what does it accomplish. The customers of theirs aren't leaving because of what I say and eventually you end up sounding like a dick and nobody will pay any attention to you. There is a fine line.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #146
ShortBus

What's with all these "youngster" comments. Not really sure how age has any reverence with having an opinion about a shop that has done shit work to their car or close friends? TS is a joke. They never take any responsibility in they piss poor work.
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #147
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Dude I know how this works. I am not new to this.
Thanks though.
If you think those numbers are good then you are new to this.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #148
ShortBus

The shit that has happened to Jeff lol he has a life time hall pass
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #149
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
What's with all these "youngster" comments. Not really sure how age has any reverence with having an opinion about a shop that has done shit work to their car or close friends? TS is a joke. They never take any responsibility in they piss poor work.
And how much woke was done on your car there?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #150
62nalide

If you think those numbers are good then you are new to this.
What numbers? Track or dyno?
The track numbers are there lol
Car has LT CAI Exhaust and E85 tune
7.70s is good for a car on 20s lol