Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #16
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
That's an entire different argument if the rear seats actually count as whole seats in a Mustang. Haha. Part of the reason I got rid of my Stang, the rear seats just weren't practical enough for me. The rear of my V is much more user friendly. The V is my daily though. I have a new two seater toy coming up soon though.
Yeah I gotta have the seats for occasionally short rides for adults and small kids. It's also looking like the only V that will have 4 seats is the CTS. The CTS-V may be the last of a dying bread at that price point. Don't sell that car anytime soon. lol
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Yeah I gotta have the seats for occasionally short rides for adults and small kids. It's also looking like the only V that will have 4 seats is the CTS. The CTS-V may be the last of a dying bread at that price point. Don't sell that car anytime soon. lol
I have two little ones. Both in car seats. My youngest was in a rear facing car seat and the other in a forward facing seat. The rear facing one had to go in the right rear seat, and the front passenger seat had to go all the way forward in order to fit. My poor wife's knees were in the dash and the carseat was a serious PITA to get out of the back of the car. The car was just not enjoyable like that that. The car got rarely used, along with the questionable motor integrity with the goals I had in mind, I just couldn't see going anywhere else with it so I sold it.

The V is MUCH more useable. The 5.0 wasn't my daily, but the V is now. It's fun to drive, comfortable and everyone fits. I've already put WAY more miles on it than I ever did the 5.0. It's not a "car show" type car, but its fun to drive and I will keep it for awhile. I've got another round of mods for it planned then I'm done with it to concentrate on my new toy I will do car shows and the Runway Rivalry event with.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
BERT
I love tube socks

I have two little ones. Both in car seats. My youngest was in a rear facing car seat and the other in a forward facing seat. The rear facing one had to go in the right rear seat, and the front passenger seat had to go all the way forward in order to fit. My poor wife's knees were in the dash and the carseat was a serious PITA to get out of the back of the car. The car was just not enjoyable like that that. The car got rarely used, along with the questionable motor integrity with the goals I had in mind, I just couldn't see going anywhere else with it so I sold it.

The V is MUCH more useable. The 5.0 wasn't my daily, but the V is now. It's fun to drive, comfortable and everyone fits. I've already put WAY more miles on it than I ever did the 5.0. It's not a "car show" type car, but its fun to drive and I will keep it for awhile. I've got another round of mods for it planned then I'm done with it to concentrate on my new toy I will do car shows and the Runway Rivalry event with.

Thought you said car shows were for queers?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #19
Monolith

For that price? Uh...nope...if I want to spend $70k (after all markups) on a car lets see what I can get....

2013.....twin turbo....V6...all wheel drive....545 hp...463 ft lbs of torque....every option available in a vehicle.....

GTR anyone?
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #20
62nalide

Screw it I'll get one
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #21
Stangmaster281

I keep throwing money at my screen, but nothing is happening. I don't think I have enough money....
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Thought you said car shows were for queers?
And thats why you sent me the schedule..
Old 11-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #23
BERT
I love tube socks

And thats why you sent me the schedule..

That's it? You had nothing for the truth that I said so you spew lies?!?!? HA!!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #24
5PointSlow

Default 2016 GT350 revealed. And its everything we've wanted!

I really like it. Depending on the price and if I can get the deal my dealer said they would do I'll be getting one. My 15 moved into production this week. But my dealer is keeping it on order so I have options if the GT350 is stupid expensive.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 AM   #25
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Gotta have 4 seats. CTS-V is probably my favorite car right now but that new one won't be $60k. Caddy has confirmed that it will be priced right near an M5. The ATS-V doesn't appeal to me due to lack of the LT1. The Hellcats are on my short list as well. I gotta see how they hold up though.
100 grand for a fucken Caddy. Hahaahabababbaababvabvvava, that worked so well when they made the XLR V. I think they sold like 15 of them before figuring they arent a Mercedes or BMW. American car makers are on the chronic.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:47 AM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
100 grand for a fucken Caddy. Hahaahabababbaababvabvvava, that worked so well when they made the XLR V. I think they sold like 15 of them before figuring they arent a Mercedes or BMW. American car makers are on the chronic.
He's clearly misinformed. The V would never be in the same price range as the M5.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:15 AM   #27
garner

If it does start between $50 and 60k the price is fair. I could care less about the performance of it, the looks and technology is all that really matters to me
Old 11-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
46Tbird

50 grand?

That is loaded GT pricing. Don't believe me, head to a Ford dealership and look at a 50th Anniversary Mustang.

The GT350 has a unique engine and transmission, body panels / aero, wheels and tires, brakes, magnetic shocks, a Shelby pedigree - and hype. Lots and lots of hype.

That's a $70k car all day long. I crack up on the people that think they'll find these on lots for $40-50k. Get real...
Old 11-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #29
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
50 grand?

That is loaded GT pricing. Don't believe me, head to a Ford dealership and look at a 50th Anniversary Mustang.

The GT350 has a unique engine and transmission, body panels / aero, wheels and tires, brakes, magnetic shocks, a Shelby pedigree - and hype. Lots and lots of hype.

That's a $70k car all day long. I crack up on the people that think they'll find these on lots for $40-50k. Get real...
I'm shocked, Danny and I agree on something!

New motor, drivetrain, new chassis, all the hype behind the S550 and GT350 and people think there will be no ADM on this car? Ha!

I think MSRP will be around $60-65k. Add ADM and interest, it's one hell of an expensive Mustang.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #30
saunupe1911

He's clearly misinformed. The V would never be in the same price range as the M5.
I'm not misinformed. I'm stating a fact that was said by Caddy's new president to Motortrend. Caddy also said they will no longer undercut in pricing moving forward because they feel their products are better or just as good as the competition. Google it!

Last edited by saunupe1911; 11-18-2014 at 10:26 AM.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote