Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #31
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
You drive your car?
Ill be at the dyno day, come say hi.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #32
NAVAG

Well I missed the Facebook post about the HPP event. Probably because I don't spend much time on FB. Just a few minutes every morning while dropping a deuce...if I'm not using my phone for some other form of entertainment. Would have to scroll down through 2 hundred "spotted" and TS hate posts to see it.

Would have been nice if someone posted something here as well. Manny would have had a lot more people show up.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #33
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Ill be at the dyno day, come say hi.

If I end up coming I will
Old 11-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #34
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
I dont have anything to do with HPP so i would have no clue what events they are doing. If they are, post it up by all means. Then I can go in that thread and talk about the half dozen motors and dozen transmission they blew on Foof. Lol.

And TS did not become a sponsor for free. Nic traded some stuff for his car in return for sponsorship.
That never happened because Jeff said so. They are perfect and their farts smell like cotton candy. That is why Jeff is so far up Manny's ass
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #35
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
That never happened because Jeff said so. They are perfect and their farts smell like cotton candy. That is why Jeff is so far up Manny's ass
LOL! Well, like I said, something will happen there too and they will move on to the next shop to jump on their nuts.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #36
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
LOL! Well, like I said, something will happen there too and they will move on to the next shop to jump on their nuts.
It's like that with every shop. There are cars at gearheads that are from HPP and the customer wasn't happy. Jeff's car went to HPP from TS because he wasn't happy. Foof took his car from HPP to TS because he wasn't happy. Most of Gearheads customers go everywhere else because they aren't happy. It's how it works, I have been watching this cycle for over a decade. You guys think this is something new, but its not. There becomes a point were you just have to live with it and move on.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's like that with every shop. There are cars at gearheads that are from HPP and the customer wasn't happy. Jeff's car went to HPP from TS because he wasn't happy. Foof took his car from HPP to TS because he wasn't happy. Most of Gearheads customers go everywhere else because they aren't happy. It's how it works, I have been watching this cycle for over a decade. You guys think this is something new, but its not. There becomes a point were you just have to live with it and move on.
Exactly! It's the risk you take when modding your car. Don't like the BS? Leave your car the fuck alone or accept shit is gonna happen.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #38
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
Dyno Day Sunday will probably be full of 5.0 guys that spent the last several months smearing TS all over facebook.

Anytime you decide to modify your system in order to operate outside of its design parameters there is a probability of failure. I have no opinion because I haven't done business with them. But I know a couple of people who have and they haven't had any bad experiences. Plus I'm not exactly pushing the envelope with the few minor bolt-ons that I have so the probability of blowing my shit up would not be as high as most people. But that's the risk I take by strapping it to a dyno in the first place.

I'd go just to look at cars, meet people, and donate a toy for a good cause if I didn't already have plans. I was planning on going when I heard about it a couple of weeks ago because it was supposed to be on Saturday but was moved because of the weather.
Well on your second paragraph I agree to a point. I understand that when you go beyond the boundaries of a engine then yes shit will fuck up. But when you pay A LOT of money to a shop that supposedly said these parts can handle it and they can install everything correctly and tune it correctly and blew up engines after engines. You can only blame yourself so much until you point your fingers at the shop you are paying.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Well on your second paragraph I agree to a point. I understand that when you go beyond the boundaries of a engine then yes shit will fuck up. But when you pay A LOT of money to a shop that supposedly said these parts can handle it and they can install everything correctly and tune it correctly and blew up engines after engines. You can only blame yourself so much until you point your fingers at the shop you are paying.
Your CD is skipping again...
Old 11-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #40
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Bitch I don't praise anyone, I've learned my lesson from that.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #41
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I've been doing this '97 so I know how it is too. So don't think you're the only old schooler here. I remember when it was lone star performance, USA motorsports, and Dallas mustang where the big 3 mustang shops.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #42
STROKD
Old School

Ive had good luck with HPP, True ST, 21st, and Brooks when he was open... only shop I hate is DMP because the owner is a mother fucken asshole. I hope he gets run over by a bus some day.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #43
62nalide

Damn this is the 4th forum I see hate for TS lol
Old 11-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #44
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Damn this is the 4th forum I see hate for TS lol
Its probably the same people too. Lol. The haters arent affecting anything at TS. They are busier than ever and just moved to an even bigger shop. So all of the nonsense is for nothing.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #45
NAVAG

Old School:

My first mod was flipping the lid of my air cleaner upside down. First work I did on a mustang was helping a friend install a 4 barrel carburetor. All we had was our dads tools, a case of beer and very little direction. We didn't have a performance shop per-say. Couldn't tell how much HP we actually had either.

I had to take a 20 year hiatus from car stuff to raise a family so I'm new to all the performance shop hoopla so I really don't understand all the 'Brand Loyalty' and all the bickering about which shop blows less engines.

I understand that the parts, labor, and engine are super expensive but that's all part of the risk/reward. The one question that I have is this: Do these shops make you sign a waiver or a release before these big jobs that free them from any liability? If not, then why aren't they getting sued when they fuck up?

I, personally, wouldn't take that much of a risk with my car. I know folks that do. I got a co-worker that sinks more money in his corvette than my car is worth and he is tight with almost all the DFW shops but from what I understand from him is that he is taking all the risk whether his shit blows up on the track or on the dyno.

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote