Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #46
BERT
I love tube socks

Looks like I'll be there
Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #47
TEK302

i will be there with wife and son, to get a baseline and run with aed tune to see difference
Competition Orange Boss 302 #1769
Recaro and Torsen Package - AED Tuned - BFR Shifter Bracket - SR Clutch Line - Roush Axleback - Open Side Pipes - Airaid CAI - 47#INJ - E85 - MRT O/R H - FRPP Boss Springs - BMR LCAs - Roush UCA - BMR Panhard Bar - Steeda Shifter - Exedy STG 3 Clutch/Flywheel - Shelby Clutch Reservoir - 84mm Ported TB
TEK302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #48
TEK302

395rwhp and 351rwtq
Recaro and Torsen Package - AED Tuned - BFR Shifter Bracket - SR Clutch Line - Roush Axleback - Open Side Pipes - Airaid CAI - 47#INJ - E85 - MRT O/R H - FRPP Boss Springs - BMR LCAs - Roush UCA - BMR Panhard Bar - Steeda Shifter - Exedy STG 3 Clutch/Flywheel - Shelby Clutch Reservoir - 84mm Ported TB
Old 11-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #49
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by TEK302 View Post
395rwhp and 351rwtq
That's with a tune?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #50
TEK302

Yeah everything else stock
Old 11-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #51
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by TEK302 View Post
Yeah everything else stock
Hmmmm I would had expected a bit more. But it could be a conservative tune.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #52
TEK302

yeah? figured that was about on par.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #53
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.
Unless you are buying a pile of shit classic, any decent muscle car is going to cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over 10-20 k... my dad has a clean road runner with no floor rust and we have been told to paint it correctly is 15-18 grand. thats just paint! Rims suspension brakes motor upgrades interior work yadayada makes it a 50-80 k project in a hurry. New cars are so much easier to go fast in.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #54
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Damn this is the 4th forum I see hate for TS lol
Being a part of this forum has yielded me some good deals, in my opinion, as far as parts and service for my car. Such as LMR, Hypermotive, and AM discounts, group buy's, getting good deals on installs from techs that do side jobs, etc. However, my first and only experience with TS was less than satisfactory. For an establishment that apparently pushed more than 50 MGW shifter installs at the time, they delivered me a car that would not shift into 1st or 2nd gear after driving 1.5 hours and spending well over $500 on the shifter and install. They essentially said sorry and to bring it back another time after they spoke with the manufacturer. After a little google searching I found out that the solution was simply adjusting a set screw for the reverse lockout, something I would figure a shop experienced with the product would know. I ended up tearing out a portion of the console myself and correcting the issue. Took maybe 30 minutes. They made no attempt to compensate me for the frustration.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #55
BERT
I love tube socks

450hp 472tq

Unless y'all want to believe the first pull of 496hp
Old 11-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #56
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Being a part of this forum has yielded me some good deals, in my opinion, as far as parts and service for my car. Such as LMR, Hypermotive, and AM discounts, group buy's, getting good deals on installs from techs that do side jobs, etc. However, my first and only experience with TS was less than satisfactory. For an establishment that apparently pushed more than 50 MGW shifter installs at the time, they delivered me a car that would not shift into 1st or 2nd gear after driving 1.5 hours and spending well over $500 on the shifter and install. They essentially said sorry and to bring it back another time after they spoke with the manufacturer. After a little google searching I found out that the solution was simply adjusting a set screw for the reverse lockout, something I would figure a shop experienced with the product would know. I ended up tearing out a portion of the console myself and correcting the issue. Took maybe 30 minutes. They made no attempt to compensate me for the frustration.
I remember that I was up there. But yet they're a professional performance shop. Smh
Old 11-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #57
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
450hp 472tq

Unless y'all want to believe the first pull of 496hp
What a turd..........
Old 11-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #58
my95z28

Any interest taking pypes axleback for partial trade?
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #59
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Wow..today was a such a failure. Beautiful weather, tons of people and cool cars. All that shop bashing has clearly had an impact!! Lmao
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #60
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Wow..today was a such a failure. Beautiful weather, tons of people and cool cars. All that shop bashing has clearly had an impact!! Lmao
Who said it was going to be a failure. Like I said I think you don't read shit and just read what's in your mind. I'm sure there were so many dfw5.0 members there.