Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #106
Lucky13

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I ended up not going. I already know how slow my car is...which is faster than my old fox was. HPP has one in a couple of weeks. I might go but it's way the hell out in Lewisville...
I'm way the hell close to L'Ville. Any details?

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #107
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
It's not a few. It turns a lot of people off. A lot of the mustang guys from the Tarrant side of the metroplex don't want to be a part of the site because of all the bullshit.

Ok, then a lot of people need thicker skin. And it sounds like it's all the mid to early 20 somethings
Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd View Post
What I don't get is after I join a group/forum specifically geared to a "toy" I leave after I move on to a new toy. I've owned quads, sandrails & boats and after I moved away from places where I used them I sold the toy and left any forums related since I have no interest in the product. If you sell your toy and stick around just to smack talk about a brand you had you are reduced to a troll.

So since I don't have my 5.0 anymore I'm now a troll?
Old 11-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #108
Midnight11
El Presidente

It's okay you're at that age and bought your mid life crisis vehicle ��

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:32 AM   #109
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Ok, then a lot of people need thicker skin. And it sounds like it's all the mid to early 20 somethings
Seems like you've got it all figured out.

That's really not how it is. Age doesn't have much to do with it. The fact is that most of the activity on this site comes from about four or five people that are convinced that owning 5-10 year old GM flagships is the way to go and if you don't have one of those then you have a turd, shitbox, piece of shit, etc that sounds like shit, runs like shit, would never hold together with "REAL POWER" and is just subpar compared to anything LSx... I can handle it. I'm still here. I like other makes and models, sure. However it gets old day in and day out. For the past eight months to a year this is all this site has been. I am pretty sure most members and sponsors would agree this place is a lost cause. There's nothing of real relevance to 5 liter coyote mustangs on this site anymore, other than they're total pieces of shit and that they will never live up to what they were in the 80s.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 11-25-2014 at 01:38 AM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:19 AM   #110
BlackStang08

I am surprised there are not more guys/girls on here. Every where I go I see 5.0's. Especially in Mckinney, they all seem modded and have there own looks.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #111
TEK302

I joined to be associated with locals who have similar interests. Just seems to be a bunch of ball lickers, except a few on here. Not sure which one of you are Todd, cool dude there and the few that have given me direction with my car.
Competition Orange Boss 302 #1769
Recaro and Torsen Package - AED Tuned - BFR Shifter Bracket - SR Clutch Line - Roush Axleback - Open Side Pipes - Airaid CAI - 47#INJ - E85 - MRT O/R H - FRPP Boss Springs - BMR LCAs - Roush UCA - BMR Panhard Bar - Steeda Shifter - Exedy STG 3 Clutch/Flywheel - Shelby Clutch Reservoir - 84mm Ported TB
TEK302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #112
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 View Post
I am surprised there are not more guys/girls on here. Every where I go I see 5.0's. Especially in Mckinney, they all seem modded and have there own looks.
Facebook has really killed forums.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #113
Clrd2lnd

So since I don't have my 5.0 anymore I'm now a troll?
Do you bash mustangs on this forum? If so then the shoe fits. If not then no. I wouldn't join a corvette or Camaro forum and then trash talk their cars. But again some people may have a lot more time on their hands.
Clrd2lnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #114
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
It's okay you're at that age and bought your mid life crisis vehicle ��
I'm single with no kids at 34. I gotta spend money on something before "shit happens"

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Seems like you've got it all figured out.

That's really not how it is. Age doesn't have much to do with it. The fact is that most of the activity on this site comes from about four or five people that are convinced that owning 5-10 year old GM flagships is the way to go and if you don't have one of those then you have a turd, shitbox, piece of shit, etc that sounds like shit, runs like shit, would never hold together with "REAL POWER" and is just subpar compared to anything LSx... I can handle it. I'm still here. I like other makes and models, sure. However it gets old day in and day out. For the past eight months to a year this is all this site has been. I am pretty sure most members and sponsors would agree this place is a lost cause. There's nothing of real relevance to 5 liter coyote mustangs on this site anymore, other than they're total pieces of shit and that they will never live up to what they were in the 80s.
Fair enough. Same as Jeff bitching about TS every chance he gets

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd View Post
Do you bash mustangs on this forum? If so then the shoe fits. If not then no. I wouldn't join a corvette or Camaro forum and then trash talk their cars. But again some people may have a lot more time on their hands.
Nope, I loved my mustang. Just wanted something different and easier to mod.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #115
STROKD
Old School

Ive had like12 mustangs, and loved all of them. Its widely known I hate mod motors, I think they are over priced pos. Hate Ford daily for doing stupid shit instead of making the small block better... (think Ford version of LSx). anyway, I joined to meet local car fanatics and race people. I even posted vids of me racing a friends Coyote. No one here really races so I didnt find many new friends, but it was fun smack talk till everyone left.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #116
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Ive had like12 mustangs, and loved all of them. Its widely known I hate mod motors, I think they are over priced pos. Hate Ford daily for doing stupid shit instead of making the small block better... (think Ford version of LSx). anyway, I joined to meet local car fanatics and race people. I even posted vids of me racing a friends Coyote. No one here really races so I didnt find many new friends, but it was fun smack talk till everyone left.

It was nice meeting you, Matt.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #117
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I'm single with no kids at 34. I gotta spend money on something before "shit happens"

I have every right to bitch. If you don't like hearing or reading it then don't read my post. Simple as that.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #118
Midnight11
El Presidente

And had a stock 5.0 and now a slow vette? Lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #119
STROKD
Old School

It was nice meeting you, Matt.
You too sir, thanks for giving me shit about the car when my dad was already pissed I destroyed his brand new battery. He was complaining about it all week. Hahaha
Old 11-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #120
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
And had a stock 5.0 and now a slow vette? Lol
Congrats on your 10 second runs and 130+ trap speeds...

Oh wait.

Until your car does something, should you make fun of others for being "Slow"?