Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #31
Kaane

It will be 5-10k more than a gt500, so I am guessing 70k base.
Kaane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #32
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It sounds decent. It's still ugly though. lol

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I'm not misinformed. I'm stating a fact that was said by Caddy's new president to Motortrend. Caddy also said they will no longer undercut in pricing moving forward because they feel their products are better or just as good as the competition. Google it!
LOL, yeah because everything on the net is true. How about you provide a link where you found this information? I'd like to read it. I find it difficult to believe that the CTS-V is going from a 70k MSRP to a 100K MSRP. A 30k jump?
Old 11-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #34
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I actually like the looks of it, I like the changes they made to it. Would I spend 60k plus on it, hell no. There are a ton of cars out there I would by before that one, used of course.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #35
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I'm not misinformed. I'm stating a fact that was said by Caddy's new president to Motortrend. Caddy also said they will no longer undercut in pricing moving forward because they feel their products are better or just as good as the competition. Google it!
Caddy president needs fired. No offense, its not as good as the Germans. The V is faster, sure, but fit and finish is not a BMW or MB, and esp not what comes from the UK.

Thats like saying the Corvette is just as good as a Porsche or Ferrari/Lambo. I dont understand thr American proud attitude. We build janky shit, it should cost less than Euro shit. Lol
Old 11-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #36
BlackStang08

The new GT350 is badass! Looks amazing, and sounds amazing!
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #37
BlackStang08

Pics were too big.

Last edited by BlackStang08; 11-18-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #38
Mustangdude72

in the interview with Jamal Hameedi, the lead engineer on the car he said that price and affordability were priorities, and that people would be surpised by the price when the numbers come to light, I dont see why its hard to believe that this will fall in between Boss 302 and gt500 pricing, I get where the $60-70K base msrp crowd is coming from but I think ford would be losing too many potential buyers at that price,
2004 Cobra OW pullied, full exhaust 480rwhp SOLD
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver
Mustangdude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #39
BlackStang08

Originally Posted by Mustangdude72 View Post
in the interview with Jamal Hameedi, the lead engineer on the car he said that price and affordability were priorities, and that people would be surpised by the price when the numbers come to light, I dont see why its hard to believe that this will fall in between Boss 302 and gt500 pricing, I get where the $60-70K base msrp crowd is coming from but I think ford would be losing too many potential buyers at that price,
Do you have a link to the interview?

I don't think potential buyers is an issue at any price point if the plan is to limit the number of GT350's produced. There are people from everywhere wanting this car or wanting to see this car, drive it etc and people will open their wallets.

I read some feedback and some of the BMW guys that were waiting for the M4 want the GT350 now. Even the exotic car owners feedback was that they want to see this car. Ford is hitting more than just "us" guys, and are appealing to a whole different type of car person..
Old 11-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #40
Mustangdude72

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 View Post

I don't think potential buyers is an issue at any price point if the plan is to limit the number of GT350's produced. There are people from everywhere wanting this car or wanting to see this car, drive it etc and people will open their wallets.

I read some feedback and some of the BMW guys that were waiting for the M4 want the GT350 now. Even the exotic car owners feedback was that they want to see this car. Ford is hitting more than just "us" guys, and are appealing to a whole different type of car person..
True but still ford reputation for coming in at lower than expected has me hopeful as i want to own one of these as soon as their available, heres the interview not a video just a Q&A http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...t350-6265.html
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver
Old 11-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #41
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 View Post

I'll believe this when I see/hear it
Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #42
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Steve has been hanging around to many DR people way too long. I liked you more when you liked mustangs and didn't have a POS chevy thinking it can dominate every 5.0 on the road.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #43
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Steve has been hanging around to many DR people way too long. I liked you more when you liked mustangs and didn't have a POS chevy thinking it can dominate every 5.0 on the road.

I still like Mustangs. They are good cruisers and can look really good. But you cant sit there an honestly say that Mustangs are the way to go if you want a fast street car. There is a reason why Mustangs require so much more power in order to hang.

Besides, im just expressing my opinion from my expierence. Ive far more enjoyed my time with GM stuff than I did my mod motor cars. None of the shop garbage, no tuner issues, no nonsense handheld programmer problems, no worries about block integrity etc.

I still have a mod motored Stang and its been the best car we have ever owned never giving us a single problem. Everyone once in awhile Ive considering building the motor and putting twins on it, but then i look around the Mustang scene and see all the reasons why mod motored Mustangs arent worth trying to make BIG power with. The reason why our Stang has been so great, cuz its never been fucked with.

Mod motored Mustangs are great as long the goal is 600 or below. Anything more than that you are playing with fire in my opinion. My goals go beyond that. My daily V will make more than that and my new toy will make beyond that.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #44
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
I still like Mustangs. They are good cruisers and can look really good. But you cant sit there an honestly say that Mustangs are the way to go if you want a fast street car. There is a reason why Mustangs require so much more power in order to hang.

Besides, im just expressing my opinion from my expierence. Ive far more enjoyed my time with GM stuff than I did my mod motor cars. None of the shop garbage, no tuner issues, no nonsense handheld programmer problems, no worries about block integrity etc.

I still have a mod motored Stang and its been the best car we have ever owned never giving us a single problem. Everyone once in awhile Ive considering building the motor and putting twins on it, but then i look around the Mustang scene and see all the reasons why mod motored Mustangs arent worth trying to make BIG power with. The reason why our Stang has been so great, cuz its never been fucked with.

Mod motored Mustangs are great as long the goal is 600 or below. Anything more than that you are playing with fire in my opinion. My goals go beyond that. My daily V will make more than that and my new toy will make beyond that.
Little mod motor makes 600 plus NA. Can any GM small engine can do that? Nope, does my mustang have any recalls? Nope. Have fun with buddy. Lol
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #45
Mustangdude72

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Little mod motor makes 600 plus NA. Can any GM small engine can do that? Nope, does my mustang have any recalls? Nope. Have fun with buddy. Lol
U guys really got sum brotherly love goin on huh?
2014 Raptor Ruby red