Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #1
NAVAG

Old School:

My first mod was flipping the lid of my air cleaner upside down. First work I did on a mustang was helping a friend install a 4 barrel carburetor. All we had was our dads tools, a case of beer and very little direction. We didn't have a performance shop per-say. Couldn't tell how much HP we actually had either.

I had to take a 20 year hiatus from car stuff to raise a family so I'm new to all the performance shop hoopla so I really don't understand all the 'Brand Loyalty' and all the bickering about which shop blows less engines.

I understand that the parts, labor, and engine are super expensive but that's all part of the risk/reward. The one question that I have is this: Do these shops make you sign a waiver or a release before these big jobs that free them from any liability? If not, then why aren't they getting sued when they fuck up?

I, personally, wouldn't take that much of a risk with my car. I know folks that do. I got a co-worker that sinks more money in his corvette than my car is worth and he is tight with almost all the DFW shops but from what I understand from him is that he is taking all the risk whether his shit blows up on the track or on the dyno.

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.
Unless you are buying a pile of shit classic, any decent muscle car is going to cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over 10-20 k... my dad has a clean road runner with no floor rust and we have been told to paint it correctly is 15-18 grand. thats just paint! Rims suspension brakes motor upgrades interior work yadayada makes it a 50-80 k project in a hurry. New cars are so much easier to go fast in.