Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
BLK5.0MSTG

Default Passing State Inspection

My 2012 will not pass State Inspection. I have 2 O2 sensors coming back not ready. Ford has replaced all of the O2 sensor, the catalytic converters and the ECM. There is no tune on the car. I have Pypes axle back exhaust and X pipes. Ford is now saying they want to put the sound tube and stock exhaust back on.

What I want to know is how many if you have removed the sound tube and have an after market exhaust and passed state inspection? I want to go back to Ford and give them some numbers to prove their wrong.
BLK5.0MSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Default Passing State Inspection

If everything from the cats/ rear o2's forward is stock, you should have no problem. Sound tube? Really? It's a novelty, shouldn't matter if it's capped or not.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #3
downtime!

Sound tube has exactly zero to do with the 02's not being ready. After market cats can be a pain but they can be made to pass.

Go here - http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html and do everything exactly as stated, and try to plan your route so that you end up at the inspection place when done. It's a PITA, but it works.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
BLK5.0MSTG

Thanks. I've done Fords drive cycle. I've done the Ford Racing drive cycle. I've done the Shelby drive cycle. This has been going on for over a year. I had to get a State Waiver for the last inspection and Ford still can't figure out what's wrong.
BLK5.0MSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
fordplay

What is this state waiver???? Contact aed you can get a tune that forces the o2 sensors to be ok
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Contact aed you can get a tune that forces the o2 sensors to be ok

That can legitimately be done? I thought that could only be done in the movies. Lol.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
DirtyD

Jan, have they tried changing out the O2 sensors multiples times? Could it possibly be a problem with the wiring harness?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #8
46Tbird

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
What is this state waiver???? Contact aed you can get a tune that forces the o2 sensors to be ok
State waiver just means that you have spent X amount of dollars in an attempt to get the car to pass an emissions inspection, but it still fails. The waiver allows you to get an inspection sticker if the vehicle is able to pass a safety inspection.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/...Extensions.htm
Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
fordplay

It's true ... here is your link

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-aed-tune.html

I can't say it works... but as I have no cats now... you can bet if bama does not do this.. I'll be switching in the coming months
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
Mrjeremyt

It's a 2012? Just safety only the state inspection, OBD isn't required...

94 F150 302
New project, thinking built, procharger, powerglide, tubbed, super sleeper
Mrjeremyt is offline   Reply With Quote