Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0s Classifieds > For Sale

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default Viper 5704v Remote Start/Security System

I got this security system new in the box with a Ford Bronco I purchased for my deer lease (pics of that later, lol). I have no intention of having this installed on a 23 year old vehicle. This goes for about 190 on amazon. To see more about this system go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005ZH...&robot_redir=1
Looking for 150 obo.

Nib but is sold "as-is." Comes with everything in its original packaging.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 03-31-2014 at 11:49 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
south.texas.dead.I

Do you know if this will work on a manual?
south.texas.dead.I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by south.texas.dead.I View Post
Do you know if this will work on a manual?

It probably would, I wouldn't like having it on manual. If you left it in gear there could be problems and if you didn't leave it in gear there could be problems. Lol.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
JDMLOL

Bump

The Queen:
Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
JDMLOL

Bump. $100.

The Queen:
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
JDMLOL

Make offer...

The Queen:
Old 06-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
Craizie

I'll trade you a SCT tuner that "worked" when it was sold to me.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #8
garner

Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
I'll trade you a SCT tuner that "worked" when it was sold to me.
Really 4 months later and you're still upset? Get over it already!

Now let this guy have his thread back.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
JDMLOL

Default Viper 5704v Remote Start/Security System

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Really 4 months later and you're still upset? Get over it already!

Now let this guy have his thread back.
This happened over 7 months ago. I got the tuner that he was talking about from another member after trading my factory mid pipe and cats. I tested it several times and in good faith sold it in working order to this guy. He had it for a week and a half to two weeks and then decided to let me know it didn't work for whatever reason. I mean c'mon, two weeks? I don't know what happened to the damn thing in nearly two week's time. How do I know he didn't get it wet, load the wrong firmware up on it, abuse it, or that he decided he was going to wait for the new X4 handheld to come out? Why is it my fault this guy is either too technically challenged to operate the device or look for help on GOOGLE or too lazy to contact SCT for customer service? Had it been a day or two later after the sale and this guy contacted me saying "Hey man, this thing doesn't work" I would have gladly refunded him, even though online retailers like American Muscle specifically state they do not accept returns on tuning devices, but this guy contacted me WEEKS later. Obviously if I truly tried to "put one over" on the guy I wouldn't be such an active member on this board or a guy that regularly attends GTG's, which this guy is neither. I mean damn, I told the first person interested in this very alarm system not to put it on a manual transmission car so it's not like I am out to make a quick buck anyway that I can.

Thanks for your support. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

The Queen:

Last edited by JDMLOL; 06-09-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
Craizie

You'd still be upset if you got burned out of $200 and told to kick sand when you asked the seller about it.

When I got it I called my tuner to set up some dyno time. It took as you said, 1.5 to 2 weeks before they were free. So fuck me for not having a dyno available the same day I bought it from you. I was standing there when he plugged it in. The tuner powered up for a few minutes and then went blank and would not power back on.

I did call SCT and they told me to send it in for repairs that would cost $75 and up depending on the problem.

I asked you about it and you replied with "how do I know you didn't break it". You made no attempt what so ever to help out.

This is why you have a disclaimer in all your ads now.

And for the record I never thought you were trying to " pull one over on me". I just thought it was shitty that you told me to kick sand with out even discussing it with me, or offering to help with the repair cost.

Last edited by Craizie; 06-08-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
Midnight11
El Presidente

Why should he offer repair costs if when he sold it to you it worked fine. That's the chance you take when you buy used parts . Now stop derailing his fs threads

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
Craizie

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Why should he offer repair costs if when he sold it to you it worked fine. That's the chance you take when you buy used parts . Now stop derailing his fs threads
Who said it worked fine when he sold it to me? I took his word for it and got burned.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
Midnight11
El Presidente

I've delt with him before no issues and like he said he is active at meets. People who try to fuck people over usually aren't active with the club

So I'll say it again stop derailing his threads

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:25 AM   #14
garner

Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
You'd still be upset if you got burned out of $200 and told to kick sand when you asked the seller about it.

When I got it I called my tuner to set up some dyno time. It took as you said, 1.5 to 2 weeks before they were free. So fuck me for not having a dyno available the same day I bought it from you. I was standing there when he plugged it in. The tuner powered up for a few minutes and then went blank and would not power back on.

I did call SCT and they told me to send it in for repairs that would cost $75 and up depending on the problem.

I asked you about it and you replied with "how do I know you didn't break it". You made no attempt what so ever to help out.

This is why you have a disclaimer in all your ads now.

And for the record I never thought you were trying to " pull one over on me". I just thought it was shitty that you told me to kick sand with out even discussing it with me, or offering to help with the repair cost.
Maybe in the first week but not after that. It's pretty well known private party sales are as is, so why should he help with anything? You should have plugged it into your car before you handed over the cash.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote