Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Nitro4tec33

Default 2015 Mustang GT

On my way to work today I wasn't paying attention and missed 5th put it into 3rd and revved the hell out of it, I pushed the clutch as quick as I could, what are the chances of something being damaged and would the dealer be able to tell without take it apart
Nitro4tec33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
Monolith

I've gone from 6th to third once when I first was learning and it revved so bad the rear end hopped...that was a year ago and everything still works fine...I'm sure I damaged something back there but not enough to break the car

2012 Race Red Mustang 5.0 with JLT CAI, Catless midpipe, Pype X Pipe and Axle Backs. Bama Tuned. RTR chin splitter, Roush side effects and rear diffuser, and Steeda spoiler.
19" AMR's with Nero's.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
ElCoyote321

Last edited by ElCoyote321; 08-20-2015 at 10:51 PM.
ElCoyote321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:16 AM   #4
Shaggy
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nitro4tec33 View Post
On my way to work today I wasn't paying attention and missed 5th put it into 3rd and revved the hell out of it, I pushed the clutch as quick as I could, what are the chances of something being damaged and would the dealer be able to tell without take it apart
Are you hearing any noises or having any issues right now? If not, I wouldn't worry about it yet.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #5
Monolith

Originally Posted by ElCoyote321 View Post
Hows that bama tune?! I have been debating going to them or just going local to hpp... I dunno.
HORRIBLE! I got rid of that crap....shit started running like crap...I data logged
and they sent me more than 5 revisions and it was still running like shit. Took it and got a dyno tune and haven't looked back since....go to Manny at HPP....he is DA MAN!

2012 Race Red Mustang 5.0 with JLT CAI, Catless midpipe, Pype X Pipe and Axle Backs. Bama Tuned. RTR chin splitter, Roush side effects and rear diffuser, and Steeda spoiler.
19" AMR's with Nero's.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote