Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
Yagermeister

Shaun13GTCS, so you installed a part that requires you to shift at 7600-7800 every shift but only shifted at 6800-7000 and then you say the intake didn't work? I understand the comparison you were after and admire you trying to take variables out but if you do not use the part as intended it is not a fair comparison. Fix your trans and then test properly is my recommendation.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
Yagermeister

Shaun, now that you have posted your timeslips in the other forum that was linked...here's my quick observation...

1. It was not a before and after only for the intake since you changed suspension as well

2. You picked up almost a full 1 mph over the stock intake (theory says for every 1 mph you gain around 10hp) with a worse 60' (probably from shifting too early) and not shifting at the right rpms...not too shabby for the boss intake!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
Yagermeister

Misanthrope...I sincerely welcome you to this forum and club! I do hope your name does not truly represent who you are since this club is a real club with meets and get-togethers and is not just a forum where everything only stays online.

For those that don't know what his name means:

Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human nature. A misanthrope, or misanthropist is someone who holds such views or feelings. The word's origin is from Greek words misos, "hatred" and ἄanthrōpos, "man, human".
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
Yagermeister

Shaun and wbt, I'm not taking sides here but trying to see the facts and sort through the talk. We've seen 4 cars get into the 10s with stock longblocks and boltons. Both with the stock intake and a boss intake. You need to have the right combination of gears/intake/suspension/tune to do it. Which one is right? Neither. Which intake works? Both...if the rest of the combo is setup correctly AND USED AS INTENDED. You can't install cams either and expect to shift at the same as stock either
Old 09-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
casper gt

just making a small appearance to verify I'm not trolling/etc here.

I certainly am not misanthrope (easily verified by my ip adresss if the admins care to).

I have respect for other folks sites & generally keep my problems on my sites.

you guys have a nice little site here & I hope my compeditors agree that we should keep it that way & not air our dirty laundry here.

wbt makes some good points in this thread & I have made some good points elsewhere, lets leave it at that & not try to start a web wide mustang war.
casper gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
Shaun13GTCS

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Shaun13GTCS, so you installed a part that requires you to shift at 7600-7800 every shift but only shifted at 6800-7000 and then you say the intake didn't work? I understand the comparison you were after and admire you trying to take variables out but if you do not use the part as intended it is not a fair comparison. Fix your trans and then test properly is my recommendation.
I shifted into 2nd at 6800rpm. Only because everytime I tried about 7000, It would grind and lock me out. I shifted other gears at 7600rpm.

I tried doing the best I could to make it a fair comparison. The LCA/relo brackets after, but my 60' with the boss intake was actually alittle worse.

wbt, yup I said I would like to get it to run 10's. No need to link every post lol.
But it's not going to happen overnight, I said I'm aiming for the beginning or sometime next year. By then, I'll have 3.73's in, twin disc clutch, e85, slicks, and some other stuff.

But I'm absolutely not converting it to an all out drag car. I don't mind making some sacrifices. But I'm not making the car track only.

I'm not out to beat any records. Alls I want is a 10.999 eventually.

Also, I'm only trolling because that's alls you did to AED when he ran 10.9, and to Casper when he ran a 10.7. Guy couldn't even post an msd 2 step thread without being trolled on lol.

I'm not in here to stir the pot, or "troll" or hack anyone's wife's fb page

I wanted to clarify what wbt didn't, so people didn't get the wrong impression on the boss intake
Shaun13GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #22
Shaun13GTCS

Also, going off trap speed. I trapped alittle slower in the 1/8 most likely from short shifting 1st gear. But trapped higher in the 1/4. If I was able to wind out 1st to 7600, the car (I feel) would definitely be in the mid 118 range.

That's just talk, I can't prove that. Maybe I'll get lucky next time and be able to wind out 1st to 7600 haha
Old 09-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #23
Yagermeister

Shaun if you trapped higher and would've trapped even higher if the trans would've let you, you probably would've had an even better e.t. from the Boss thereby directly conflicting yourself saying the Boss doesn't work. I would suggest waiting until you have more data before misleading others about the boss intake

:beer:
Old 09-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
Shaun13GTCS

When did I say the boss didnt work?

My original thought before going to the track, wasn't sure how it would be with the 3.31's. but I never said it doesn't work
Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #25
Yagermeister

Shaun if I misstated that I'm sorry
Old 09-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
Shaun13GTCS

It's okay, I never said the boss intake didn't work. I like it, I'm happy with it.

Wbt's post is helpful, but he left some of the details out on my goals. And what I was trying to do
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
wbt

Originally Posted by Shaun13GTCS View Post
I shifted into 2nd at 6800rpm. Only because everytime I tried about 7000, It would grind and lock me out. I shifted other gears at 7600rpm.
...because you didn't have the necessary supporting mods. What RPM were you launching at?

I tried doing the best I could to make it a fair comparison. The LCA/relo brackets after, but my 60' with the boss intake was actually alittle worse.
Let's not mention the extra weight savings. Your 60' would be worse if you aren't launching the car at the right RPM.

wbt, yup I said I would like to get it to run 10's. No need to link every post lol.
But it's not going to happen overnight, I said I'm aiming for the beginning or sometime next year. By then, I'll have 3.73's in, twin disc clutch, e85, slicks, and some other stuff.

But I'm absolutely not converting it to an all out drag car. I don't mind making some sacrifices. But I'm not making the car track only.

I'm not out to beat any records. Alls I want is a 10.999 eventually.
When you make contradicting statements it is worth taking note of especially when you want to troll over and stir the pot.

My car isn't a race car or track only car. What are you planning to do about the required safety equipment? Roll bar, c-clip eliminators, SFI bell housing, etc.?

Also, I'm only trolling because that's alls you did to AED when he ran 10.9, and to Casper when he ran a 10.7. Guy couldn't even post an msd 2 step thread without being trolled on lol.

I'm not in here to stir the pot, or "troll" or hack anyone's wife's fb page

I wanted to clarify what wbt didn't, so people didn't get the wrong impression on the boss intake
Glad you admitted it. Now let's talk facts.

1. Shaun claimed he ran a time but couldn't back it up. There were no timeslips but there was video footage of his runs on the same day but mysteriously the 10.96 run wasn't filmed.

He was also caught not telling the truth to include the weight of his car and the fuel he was using.

2. When JPC ran 10.78 in Larry's car I congratulated them. JPC own's the quickest timeslip and I have never debated that.

After several months the picture became clear. We caught people not being forthcoming or choosing to not tell the truth about that car. For example, when JPC ran the car at NMRA MIR, the owner said they were testing the Boss intake when in reality they were using a CJ intake. This was only caught by looking through pictures.

3. Hacking Facebook....that is a flat out lie. There are privacy settings each user can set for their account. For example, your settings allow everyone to see your pictures and information about you. Same can be said for the other.

Really what this comes down to is integrity. If you are upfront and honest I have no problems. If you want to tell half-truths or flat out lie, you are going to get called on the carpet.

The big question is why can't people just be honest?
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #28
Shaun13GTCS

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
...because you didn't have the necessary supporting mods. What RPM were you launching at?

Let's not mention the extra weight savings. Your 60' would be worse if you aren't launching the car at the right RPM.
I agree, why it took me a while to order the Boss intake. But I'm sure there's other people in my situation, and were curious. That's why I posted it.

I was launching at about 4500-5000rpm. I have 275/60 15 NT555R's. I need slicks so I can come off the line hard at 6-6500rpm.

As far as weight, I did have some extra stuff in the car. Just some tools because I came alone this time. But probably not the same amount of weight as the sway bar.

Originally Posted by wbt
When you make contradicting statements it is worth taking note of especially when you want to troll over and stir the pot.

My car isn't a race car or track only car. What are you planning to do about the required safety equipment? Roll bar, c-clip eliminators, SFI bell housing, etc.?
I really haven't thought that far ahead yet. To be honest, I'm hoping my track won't be as strict so I don't have to worry about the roll bar lol. Like I said, Im not competing with anyone. Just doing it for myself.

Originally Posted by wbt
Glad you admitted it. Now let's talk facts.

1. Shaun claimed he ran a time but couldn't back it up. There were no timeslips but there was video footage of his runs on the same day but mysteriously the 10.96 run wasn't filmed.

He was also caught not telling the truth to include the weight of his car and the fuel he was using.

2. When JPC ran 10.78 in Larry's car I congratulated them. JPC own's the quickest timeslip and I have never debated that.

After several months the picture became clear. We caught people not being forthcoming or choosing to not tell the truth about that car. For example, when JPC ran the car at NMRA MIR, the owner said they were testing the Boss intake when in reality they were using a CJ intake. This was only caught by looking through pictures.

3. Hacking Facebook....that is a flat out lie. There are privacy settings each user can set for their account. For example, your settings allow everyone to see your pictures and information about you. Same can be said for the other.

Really what this comes down to is integrity. If you are upfront and honest I have no problems. If you want to tell half-truths or flat out lie, you are going to get called on the carpet.

The big question is why can't people just be honest?
Maybe I should of just minded my own business and not got involved with it. I did what any good friend would do, and defended a friend.

Maybe there was certain things I could have not said...
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
wbt

Originally Posted by Shaun13GTCS View Post
I agree, why it took me a while to order the Boss intake. But I'm sure there's other people in my situation, and were curious. That's why I posted it.

I was launching at about 4500-5000rpm. I have 275/60 15 NT555R's. I need slicks so I can come off the line hard at 6-6500rpm.

As far as weight, I did have some extra stuff in the car. Just some tools because I came alone this time. But probably not the same amount of weight as the sway bar.

I really haven't thought that far ahead yet. To be honest, I'm hoping my track won't be as strict so I don't have to worry about the roll bar lol. Like I said, Im not competing with anyone. Just doing it for myself.

Maybe I should of just minded my own business and not got involved with it. I did what any good friend would do, and defended a friend.

Maybe there was certain things I could have not said...
All fair enough.

The first post in this thread may help as you start pushing the car with the Boss intake. You don't want to strand yourself at the track due to a broken axle, etc.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #30
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Let's keep this about the technical stuff and not other board drama. Please leave that crap elsewhere.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote