Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #46
DirtyD

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
And you think if you were the guy with the cc that you would have stopped him? Maybe so maybe no. It's a lot different when bullets come back at you... Ask me how I know. Dick head when I was down range stepped out of a house and started laying down lead right at me and 3 others. We had 1 249 gunner and the rest were m4s, not one of us got a shot off before dick head dropped his clip, reloaded and started back up. You don't just think ok I'm getting shot at now shoot back. You think get the fuck down or away then shoot back. Dick head didn't think that when we shot back and the 249 gunner cut the dude down.

You can be just as dangerous shooting at a bad guy. It's why cops don't just shoot back when they get shot at. Thru think about collateral damage.

Again defend yourself it's all good just don't act like everyone with a cc license is gonna be a hero. Lead singer from blues traveler use to have a cc until he got pulled over with shit ton of high power full auto weapons in his vehicle claiming he was getting ready for the end of all days.
I was just basically quoting you showing that even "safe" places, of which people are constantly aware of their surrounding can still turn into a shit storm before you realize it.

Who would have ever thought that Fort Hood would've had a massing shooting occur there. It's a fucking military post for God's sake.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #47
five.slow

Default conceal carry locations in the s197

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I was just basically quoting you showing that even "safe" places, of which people are constantly aware of their surrounding can still turn into a shit storm before you realize it.

Who would have ever thought that Fort Hood would've had a massing shooting occur there. It's a fucking military post for God's sake.
its all good. yea i was in Kuwait about to come back and my flight got pushed back a day b/c of that. we didn't know what was going on and didn't find out till we landed at hood. my company was literally right across the street. my brother in law was working next door and didn't hear shit and all of a sudden mps dressed up like swap busted in and shuttled them out. The new SRP building has body scanners now.

Last edited by five.slow; 12-03-2013 at 05:32 AM.
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #48
SMERF

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I keep mine within arms reach at all times loaded and ready to fire.

I used to not but I had an incident in San Antonio that made it a little more important to me.
Same here, in both San Antonio and Dallas I have had my vehicles broken into and homes broken into. Criminals don't break into homes in the hood cus they most likely have nothing. They go to the nice areas where there's plenty of shit to take. I have friends who keep their cars unlocked thinking, "It won't happen to me". Then they're pissed cus all their shit is gone the next day. I've witnessed it firsthand, and if I can do something to prevent it from happening again I will.
SMERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #49
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SMERF View Post
I have friends who keep their cars unlocked thinking, "It won't happen to me".
Get smarter friends. No matter if you live in Southlake or Stop 6 I would always lock my car.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #50
SMERF

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Get smarter friends. No matter if you live in Southlake or Stop 6 I would always lock my car.

-Alex
Yea dude I chewed em out pretty bad. They lived in the nicest gated area in S.A. and I guess didn't feel the need to......... 5.0 black Stang w gps etc in it got everything but the car stolen. Some learn the hard way
Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #51
DirtyD

Yea dude I chewed em out pretty bad. They lived in the nicest gated area in S.A. and I guess didn't feel the need to......... 5.0 black Stang w gps etc in it got everything but the car stolen. Some learn the hard way
First smart move is to move out of and away from SA.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #52
five.slow

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

-Alex
Almost don't wanna lock my car. I'd rather them steal my radio vs bust out my window and then steal my radio... But then again who the hell wants a stock radio? I don't leave stuff in my car so if someone breaks into it they might as well just steal the car.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
Oxford14Stang

Okay I lost interest in this conversation. Five.slow you obviously have your own opinion vs the majority of us in here and your sticking to your beliefs. More power to you man, and I mean no disrespect or trying to start shit. To each their own and I hope your never at that same stop sign that you hit every day and some person goes bananas and puts you in a situation where you wished you had your gun on you but didn't because that stop sign has always been a "safe" location and it is because by all means you wouldn't put yourself in a bad location. ... you know what its pointless. I'm done.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #54
Dominic Toretto

I will say, I wish I could buy a gun legally but, I can't so meh. Good buddy of mine just got an SKS for $400.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #55
five.slow

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Okay I lost interest in this conversation. Five.slow you obviously have your own opinion vs the majority of us in here and your sticking to your beliefs. More power to you man, and I mean no disrespect or trying to start shit. To each their own and I hope your never at that same stop sign that you hit every day and some person goes bananas and puts you in a situation where you wished you had your gun on you but didn't because that stop sign has always been a "safe" location and it is because by all means you wouldn't put yourself in a bad location. ... you know what its pointless. I'm done.
I'm not trying to argue. You have your beliefs and I respect them. Hopefully no harm no foul. Do what you gotta do boss.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #56
SMERF

First smart move is to move out of and away from SA.
You'd be surprised man. To me, Dallas has a higher crime rate but has better financial opportunity.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #57
DirtyD

You'd be surprised man. To me, Dallas has a higher crime rate but has better financial opportunity.
That's why I live in Fort Worth. I only go to Dallas when I have to.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #58
03MachMe

That's why I live in Fort Worth. I only go to Dallas when I have to.
Fort Worth is just as bad sorry to tell ya lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Fort Worth is just as bad sorry to tell ya lol
Depending where you are. It definitely has it's areas.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #60
03MachMe

Same goes for Dallas

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote