Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
Pat McCrotch

Default Problems after new tires installed

I Had new tires put on this morning. Afterword, while driving to work, I notice a weird noise that the car has never made before. It's like a tap/click, from right side rear. It is not constant, I hear it when slowly accelerating in 2nd and 3rd mostly, also over some bumps. Put it in neutral and coast,, and I do not hear it. Almost sounds like a marble tapping the side of the car, is about the best way I can describe it.

Also, you know the noises a car makes when you try to start off in 2nd, or the RPM's are just too low for the gear you are in, my car is now doing that when I take off in 1st. Never done it before. Brakes also feel mushy now.
Car is just acting weird..

Except for these tires and the CS1 wheels, car is STOCK..

Is there something the tire place could have done that is causing this, or is it just a coincidence that it started acting like this right after the install and I should take straight to the dealership?