Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #16
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Darkhelmet. I know your handle now!!! I can say his sounds good in person. . Smells good too!! I have to thank him. Being behind his car and smelling his exhaust is when my wife decided it was OK for me to remove my cats, to get that muscle car smell!! Side note I still prefer the boat exhaust sound from my H pipe.. personal preference I know but with the ghost cam, it exaggerates the muscle car whump whump noise...
lol thanks

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
ThunderkissGT14

alright yah liking the posts... a bunch of different mix matching on here with their take on it. I suppose that may be more fun / custom and maybe a little cheaper than a full setup by a particular brand?

in regards to xpipe and H, i've heard x gives you better flow and H gives you deeper better muscle tone?
ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #18
Dan12GT

I can personally vouche for Borla. I have the S-Type catback on mine and to me hands down Borla sounds the best. But.. you also get what you pay for. Borla is some of the most expensive too. GT500 sounds good but everybody and their mother has it. I wanted to be different and personally I love what I did. I still have the cars on but its plenty loud. WOT its an animal!

Here are some clips of mine

Old videos, my car has changes quite a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NEtUoNDVAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm6UHO61WtI

Here's it on the dyno WOT

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
ThunderkissGT14

thanks man good vids... in your search for borla cat back, did you look into attak and isn't there another type, like a touring? what was the determining factor for you to get the S type? attak to raspy?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #20
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by ThunderkissGT14 View Post
thanks man good vids... in your search for borla cat back, did you look into attak and isn't there another type, like a touring? what was the determining factor for you to get the S type? attak to raspy?
You are correct. There are 3 models of Borla for our cars:

Touring
S-Type
Attack

I like them all but I think the S-Type is the best mix. I was afraid of attack being a little too loud for when I delete the cats.

This is a great video that compares them all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayemxBdI0bc

Old 01-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #21
ThunderkissGT14

yeah i think going Stype would be good for anyone planing to do anything else on top of going from cat back...cause it will get louder. Maybe for someone doing cat back only and nothing else, atak would be better.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
NZERO21

Summit Racing was selling them for about $650 or $675 cat back Borla S type. Around same price you would get from ebay and personally I feel better getting them directly from a vendor and new as opposed to used. BTW, the S-type sounds AWESOME!. I was almost about to pull the trigger on the Ataks but I went to a meet and heard them and they sounded too Raspy. I suggest to go to a meet and check out the setups of other mustangs so you can finally get the final say so!

NZERO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #23
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by NZERO21 View Post
I was almost about to pull the trigger on the Ataks but I went to a meet and heard them and they sounded too Raspy. I suggest to go to a meet and check out the setups of other mustangs so you can finally get the final say so!
Great advice! Also, Late Model Restoration has a couple good blog posts where they have video and subjective data on the axle backs currently out for the 5.0. They did a good job at doing idle runs and similar rpm and driving runs to give you an accurate depiction on what to expect.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:06 PM   #24
ThunderkissGT14

Originally Posted by NZERO21 View Post
Summit Racing was selling them for about $650 or $675 cat back Borla S type. Around same price you would get from ebay and personally I feel better getting them directly from a vendor and new as opposed to used. BTW, the S-type sounds AWESOME!. I was almost about to pull the trigger on the Ataks but I went to a meet and heard them and they sounded too Raspy. I suggest to go to a meet and check out the setups of other mustangs so you can finally get the final say so!

i dunno man... maybe you were looking borla for a different vehicle or something because they want a grand+ i'll keep looking though
Old 01-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #25
Dan12GT

I paid $1200 for my s-type catback expensive yes but I see no reason to ever change it and it is full stainless piping from the cats back. Full stainless mufflers which give them protection from the damaging elements

Old 01-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #26
Darkhelmet22

I love the borla but I paid $500 for my x and mufflers. I really dont care about stainless in texas weather.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #27
jayman33

Originally Posted by ThunderkissGT14 View Post
OK, so i've gone through all 12 pages of the performance threads looking for anyone asking the populous of this formum about exhausts in a complete (can mean from headers back or just a combo of pieces to complete their desired exhaust taste) setup or a mix / match of brands in their own setup and their experiences.

Theres a lot of people talking about cat deletes, resenators etc. and xpipes and hpipes but i want to have a talk and everyone chime in on complete set ups or a mix match of a complete set up that they like.

I've gone through tons of youtube videos.. a lot of those recordings dont help in distinguishing note drone etc. and hardly any if any-convos of performance gain.

Like pypes for instance. Cheaper of the exhausts out there, and their site or i cant remember if it was just one that was selling their product put an actual HP/TQ gain claim where as all the other products i see do not.

So i want to hear from the people. I was looking at borla catback atak or stype.

but let me know if you have this or have other systems that you like, and talk about drone/note and any gains or regrets.

doing the foot work in research via youtube, sites selling the products etc. is only going so far

We can definitely help you out, our prices are the best out there

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #28
ThunderkissGT14

noted jayman... i see you have two types of borla S type SS cat backs for the 5.0s on your site with similar/general descriptions of both. Any real difference between the two other than price? Any discounts of any kind for dfw50 members?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #29
Dan12GT

Borla has an axle back and a catback. The catback is the expensive one but it gives you all the piping you need from literally cats back It also allows for easy install of cat deletes / headers because it comes with a shorty after car X pipe.

I personally opted for this because I wanted the benefit of increased pipe diameter from the cats back (2.75"), also the catback system deletes the cruddy stock resonators.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #30
ThunderkissGT14

Anyone what so ever have any experience with AFE exhausts?